What's new

Surface pro 4 hot !

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Next time you get an hot bag incident....from an elevated CMD prompt try:

powercfg /lastwake

And see what woke the SP4.

You can also try the Restore Health from DISM, again from an elevated CMD Prompt:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Where X:\ is where you need to mount the Windows 10 ISO

For other options:

Repair a Windows Image

OP
S

Salvo

Thx guys .

Today i tried again but i think to return the surface.

Its a beautiful machine but i tried to work with proshow (A little software for slideshow with photo) and after 1 hour the surface was very hot.

I don't know why this machine go hot, i disabled google drive and dropbox service.

I have only default office ,avg, Onedrive and adobe cloud

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thx guys .

Today i tried again but i think to return the surface.

Its a beautiful machine but i tried to work with proshow (A little software for slideshow with photo) and after 1 hour the surface was very hot.

I don't know why this machine go hot, i disabled google drive and dropbox service.

I have only default office ,avg, Onedrive and adobe cloud
Define hot, it has an operational temperature of ~90 degree C

OP
S

Salvo

Ok if you define Operationa temperature: can you explain me why the surface today go off and restart with TEMP SIMBOL?

Another thing: The surface can work AS A TABLET. Can you explain how you use it with cover at 60-70°?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Ok if you define Operationa temperature: can you explain me why the surface today go off and restart with TEMP SIMBOL?

Another thing: The surface can work AS A TABLET. Can you explain how you use it with cover at 60-70°?
If you are getting the Temp Icon then it is running hot. The fan should prevent this, it is possible you have a defective unit. Which model do you have?

mine is an i7/16/256 which I use it as a tablet, a laptop as well as a workstation...

Tablet - Taking Notes in meetings, reading surfing
Laptop - Working away from my office or home office creating content
Workstation - Work attached to a 4K 60Hz monitor doing IT Technical Marketing, Screen Captures and content creation, at home attached to a HD Monitor for the same type of work.

I've been using the Surface devices since the original RT and have owned every model with the exception of the original Pro. I haven't had one overheat, but my son could get his original RT to overheat by playing a demanding game. Mine as never been uncomfortable to touch....

With you being in Sicily - I'll assume it gets warm there, high 20s to mid 30s? How warm is the location you are using the device?

OP
S

Salvo

We have 30-35* celsius in the day.
I decided to return back the surface and cover today.
I love surface but microsoft forgots to give us a better fan setting and better battery (they promised 8-10 hours but i arrived max 4-5 with web surfing!).
I will buy other or i will buy again this if they fix problem.

I can try to buy i5 version but i have doubt about 520intel and processor (i7 was very fast)

Inviato dall'Aldila