What's new

Surface pro 4 : how is long the battery life?

Salvo

After last firmware/patch: how many hour does your surface?
I wanna know times :
when working
when you surfing web or use office
Standby mode.

Thx

Inviato dall'Aldila

OP
S

Salvo

I don' t want the exactly battery life but I want the approximately hours

Dall' Inferno con furore

leeshor

I don' t want the exactly battery life but I want the approximately hours

Dall' Inferno con furore
You're asking a question that doesn't have the answer your looking for. As @hughlle pointed out, there are way too many variables. There are dozens of other threads on battery life if you d like to do a forums search. The best I can tell you from personal experience is 5-7 hours mixed use.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What is your use case, what are you planning on running? I see by your tag line you play FPS Games - is that your intention?

OP
S

Salvo

My plan with battery is:

Surfing web, play light microsoft store game and import photos for fix them

I think will leave the heavy games (Fps, rps as diablo 3, rts as starcraft II and etc) only when i am with cable.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even surfing the web doesn't really have an easy answer. Is the website heavy on flash adverts, does surfing the web mean youtube, downloading, how many tabs open, which browser, how often are you refreshing pages, what is your screen brighness, what is the wifi strength etc etc.

I think that 5-7 hours would be a good guess. You can probably get more, you can probably get a lot less. Just so many variables from person to person.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
My plan with battery is:

Surfing web, play light microsoft store game and import photos for fix them

I think will leave the heavy games (Fps, rps as diablo 3, rts as starcraft II and etc) only when i am with cable.
Using the Anniversary Builds with Adblock and Edge or using the TH2 Builds with Ad Blocking through HOSTS file or using Opera (New) you should be able to get 8-9 hours of web, 6.5-7 with mixed web (with games, video). Use Chrome and you'll lose 25-50% of your battery life.

Depending on which games you are playing that will impact battery life as will Photo Editing depending on what you are using. With my SP4 I can with WiFi using Edge and Office 365 E3 can fly from Seattle to Boston and have 20% battery left....

OP
S

Salvo

I will use lightroom and some photoshop.

How many is Seattle to Boston?

The problem is Chrome (I use it 100% times) but i can survive also with Edge

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I will use lightroom and some photoshop.

How many is Seattle to Boston?

The problem is Chrome (I use it 100% times) but i can survive also with Edge
Seattle - Boston is almost 6 hours....

Chrome is destructive to battery life on MacOS and Windows 10....

If you are using Photoshop and Lightroom on battery you will probably see 3-4 hours of battery life as both are designed for desktops and workstations.