Surface Pro 4 Keyboard HARDWARE issue

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface General Discussion' started by Mohamed Salahie, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Mohamed Salahie

Mohamed Salahie New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Hey Guys ,
    I'm an avid user for my SP3 , however, I use a Surface Pro 4 Keyboard for it , Long Story short .
    Last week
    I started having trouble with the keyboard , just to make it more clear , I use a Speck Sleeve to protect the surface ,
    I've been using it with no problem what so ever , never dropped it , no water spillage or anything what so ever , NOW , the problem is this , when I put the device in the sleeve and go out , and then try to use it again
    many keys don't work at all " like the letters ZXCVB and the arrows keys , even the Enter Key " until I kinda bend the Keyboard back and forth ,it's really annoying , and It's not a SOFTWARE issue at all , it's most likely an over-bent keyboard , I try to put now on a flat office tables but the problem is still .. Nothing have helped me ... is there any possible way to kinda solve this problem whats so ever , BTW , after I do this bend the whole keyboard works perfectly fine ..... I admit I used it too much on my lap and may got like bent i don't know what to do ... If you have any question let me know , The Keyboard in a perfect cosmetic shape it's like brand new

2. sharpuser

sharpuser Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Seems the case has strained the keyboard, and some electronics are being disconnected due to the bending.

3. Mohamed Salahie

My Device:
    SPro3
    Thanks sharpuser for your quick reply ... Any ideas or solutions ?? right now I'm writing with this Keyboard to you . and every things looks good , but once I like put back to the case or even just like move a little some keys stop working .... it is really annoying ... any ideas ???

4. sharpuser

sharpuser Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    I think the keyboard is permanently damaged.

5. Mohamed Salahie

My Device:
    SPro3
    believe it or not , It just started working normally again !! That's really weird