What's new

Solved Surface Pro 4 M3 display jitter doubling on bottom on screen

Drclawscat

Does anyone else have this issue? It just started and persist even after restart now? It's not the just the taskbar, any content on the bottom of the screen is now doubled. I seem to have the latest display drivers installed. I downloaded the 11/20 beta but it seems my driver is already stating it's updated as of 11/20?

When I do a screen capture or snagit the issue is not present it's just the way the display appears visually when looking at the screen so I included a camera snapshot of it.

20151215_234201.jpg

OP
D

Drclawscat

Bump. No one else has this jumping bottom of screen display issue? I had the SP3 as my first foray into the Surface world and loved it but a very quirky machine with numerous odd issues especially with sleep/wake, crashing, and running the processor to fast. I went through 3 of them before I had one with 'acceptable' nuances and am not eager to keep exchanging if it's a minor display driver issue.

Also I have an issue where on wake 1/10 the screen won't activate ever and the display driver dies. The Hello camera is activate and keyboard lights so I know the OS is loading fine. I need to restart completely here to get the screen functioning again. 1/20 times on wake I get BSOD too....which kills all my open work.

leeshor

Sometimes when you come up with that blank screen a CTRL-ALT-Del will wake it up. I haven't seen the jitter you mentioned.

That wake screen issue will likely get a patch.

OP
D

Drclawscat

Sometimes when you come up with that blank screen a CTRL-ALT-Del will wake it up. I haven't seen the jitter you mentioned.

That wake screen issue will likely get a patch.

Thanks I'll try the Ctrl+Alt+Delete option next time I get a blank wake screen, I've switched to hibernate on power button now as the surface keyboard sometimes causes it to wake right after closing and intermittently.

kay808

I'm having this issue as well, only appeared recently. It's roughly the bottom third of the screen for me.

Another new one is during startup is it occasionally becoming stuck at Turning On Camera for facial recognition. Have to use the pin code to bypass.

The blank wake screen issue I've had since day one, will give Ctrl-Alt-Delete a try next time. Defiantly the most annoying bug out of them all.

OP
D

Drclawscat

Quickupdate, so I brought my Surface into the Microsoft store and they replaced it right away saying it was a defective digitizer and not related to software. I would suggest bringing in and getting it exchanged!

I haven't had issue with the camera not coming on for Windows hello but I do occasionally get the screen not turning on, the Control Alt Delete several times and waiting about 10 seconds seems to fix it thanks to leeshor for that!

So far the new M3 is working well, and I'm really happy with the performance and smoothness of the product overall.