What's new

Surface Pro 4 ownership experience survey:

Surface Pro 4 owners, how has your SP4 experience been?

• m3 Owner: I have had no issues, things are great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • m3 Owner: I have had some issues, but nothing significant that impacts my use of the device.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • m3 Owner: I have had significant issues that have impacted my use of the device.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • m3 Owner: This thing is unusable. I bought a fancy paperweight.

• i5 Owner: I have had no issues, things are great!

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • i5 Owner: I have had some issues, but nothing significant that impacts my use of the devic

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • i5 Owner: I have had significant issues that have impacted my use of the device.

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • i5 Owner: This thing is unusable. I bought a fancy paperweight.

• i7 Owner: I have had no issues, things are great!

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • i7 Owner: I have had some issues, but nothing significant that impacts my use of the devic

• i7 Owner: I have had significant issues that have impacted my use of the device.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • i7 Owner: This thing is unusable. I bought a fancy paperweight.

• Total voters

optical1

Seeing some of the posts in this forum lately, it would be easy to assume that the Surface Pro 4 has some serious problems. I thought this survey might lend some clarity to the percentage of users with varying ownership experiences.

I seperated the poll by processor to see if there is any trend with a particular processor. i7 was added for its imminent release.

Please select the appropriate answer for your device in the survey below:

75% with no significant problems roughly parallels the 4 out of 5 stars it's getting in user reviews on Amazon.com.

If you'd had another option that says "I had a few problems that have been corrected by updates," I would have selected that one. Instead, I chose "a few problems that don't impact my use."

Seneleron

I've had the touch screen quit on me twice, some misc. sleep/hibernate issues where a hard shutdown/restart is necessary to recover.

Seeing some of the posts in this forum lately, it would be easy to assume that the Surface Pro 4 has some serious problems. I thought this survey might lend some clarity to the percentage of users with varying ownership experiences.

I seperated the poll by processor to see if there is any trend with a particular processor. i7 was added for its imminent release.

Please select the appropriate answer for your device in the survey below:
Dumb question but I'm new here; can I assume you are with MS?

Not awaking after closing with keyboard. Once the touchscreen didn't work and forced restart. Most annoying and most frequent: After waking up, the keyboard does not connect and I have to remove and put back on. The lights do not respond on the board so i assume it's not even connected. Is there a "switch back and forth to keyboard" button on the pad itself? Grassyass.

My I5 is going back. Broken fan, or dodgy cooling system. Makes terrible noises when in portrait mode. Guess you could call that a pretty big fail. The device is great though, so another one is already on its way to me.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Need to be able to pick multiple options. I've had 2 i5 sp4's, one had a damaged screen, this one is perfect.

Zkyevolved

My device wakes up 90% of the time by pressing the windows + P multiple times. Then other than that, the device RUNS very well. Sleep drain is a nightmare to be honest. I used to get 5% drain in 10 minutes. Now I'm getting about 4% an hour, which is unacceptable in opinion. I had my Android tablet on in my bag for the last 4 days, without touching it, and it went down 5%. I know it's not the same thing, but I KNOW that this drain isn't normal. I have a SP2 and my partner a SP3, and I know what sleep battery life should be... This isn't it!

75% with no significant problems roughly parallels the 4 out of 5 stars it's getting in user reviews on Amazon.com.

If you'd had another option that says "I had a few problems that have been corrected by updates," I would have selected that one. Instead, I chose "a few problems that don't impact my use."

Yep, this pretty much nails it.