What's new

Surface Pro 4 - wishlists!

Johnny365

I didn't ask for your credentials, and neither do I care. I don't wish to argue anything. I'm merely stating that your comment came across abrupt, assumptive and quite frankly unprofessional. No better than "the kid online". You're not helping yourself with that last post either.
Websites like this should not be run by angry fanboys or "IT Pros" who don't know how to communicate properly, or represent a product/service. As an Administrator, I would expect a more formal and friendly approach.
But hey, what do I know? I'm just a consumer...

There's no problem with people chiming in with their field of expertise. Perhaps he was coming off as bragging or pushing his job experience in a needless way. He said his 10 cents and talked about what he thinks is relevant or soon to be relevant in this industry. You don't have to agree with it. Sounds like someone is jealous of said credentials.

tubers

1. 8-9" Screen - at least an option within the SP4 line.

2. Free Office for the 8-9" model.

3. 1920 x 1280, 3:2 ratio.

4. Much thinner and lighter than Surface 3 (Atom).

5. Two USB-Cs for 8-9" model. Both can be used for charging.

6. Official USB-C to Full Size USB 3 adapters for $ 19.99 sold separately.

7. Official USB-C to Full Size HDMI/DP adapters for $ 19.99 sold separately.

8. 4 GB, 128 GB SSD (not eMMC), Core-M.

9. Better display; 400 nits, 100% sRGB, no dithering.

10. Charging Block/Supply has Two Full Size USB slots and 5 feet long. Including Full Size USB to USB C charging/data cable is also 5 feet long .

10. $ 899 includes Pen and (lower end) Type Cover.

P.S.

Battery life - at least 6 hours of usage;
two Edge/MS browser side-by-side snap browsing and 10 tabs open, WiFi and BT on, maxed brightness, full blast, speakers and using/powering one connected external HDD.

Pedrom

I apologize if my post above came across as abrupt or rude, intentions were to convey that deploying any new modality to end users will require IT to adapt if they want to see any ROI in this change. Treating a tablet deployment as a standard laptop deployment will not see gains....
No, it's ok. We'll put it down to passion. Perhaps you took my first reply as rude or abrupt also. It was not my intention either - merely debating if updating the infrastructure for the sake of a new device was necessary. And no matter how much we continue to debate the situation, we would still never know if "the large company" even needs to move to a tablet deployment - as not everyone does. I completely see your point and you're most probably right. I also would definitely agree that there should not be a LAN port on the SP3!

There's no problem with people chiming in with their field of expertise. Perhaps he was coming off as bragging or pushing his job experience in a needless way. He said his 10 cents and talked about what he thinks is relevant or soon to be relevant in this industry. You don't have to agree with it. Sounds like someone is jealous of said credentials.
As happy for him, or impressed I am, with his accomplishments and achievements in his career; his field neither interests me, nor makes me the slightest bit jealous. I congratulate him on his success - but no, not jealous. More than happy where I am. Thanks.
Also, I never said he had to agree with me, or vice versa. I too was just sharing my opinion. We were just debating...o_O

I would want, coming from a SP2...

1. Screen Size- Same as SP3. I think 12in is fine. Hows about a thinner border and a easy way to kill the windows flag on the tablet face.

2. No bloatware/freeware- Give it on a thumbdrive or as a downloadable link to those that want it.

3. Screen Resolution- Same as SP3. As long as the dot pitch is high enough so text is smooth and windows can SUPPORT DPI adjustment as well as a Apple product, I'm fine. I want to run my Photoshop it high resolution, but have my menus readable please.

4. Weight and size- Same is ok. A bit heavier with larger battery. I don't care if Broadwell/Haswell can be used without a fan. Make it work so 80% what a person does, doesn't need it. But the 20% work that makes the CPU/GPU hit 100% has a fan to keep it cooler. NOT hot, but warm to touch is fine. I wouldn't care if I could hear the fan that much if I knew I could keep it on my lap or hold it without feeling like my fingers are going to get burned like my SP2.

5. Ports- At lease 2 USB 3.0 and one USB-C if possible. With higher wattage to allow USB fast charging of cellphones.

6. CPU/MEMORY/STORAGE- Minimum i5/i7 Haswell, or Broadwell if possible./8GB (C'mon,memory is cheap now)/128GB SSD/

7. Display- Same or better than the one in the SP3.

8. Exta hardware- a Long charging cord. I would rather have a thinner ac adapter than a thicker (square) brick. Easier to put in a bag.
Pen- At least something that works as well as Wacom pens. AND works to ALL corners of the display!

9. Price- $1500 on the high end. BUT include the damn keyboard. You want people to NOT buy Apple? Give more at a cheaper price. Once they see how good it is, they'll continue to buy the product.

10. Battery life - At least 8 hours of web use or word processing. Using 60% brightness. Or watching a HD SSD stored movie for up to 6hrs. Enough to last a long flight.

malberttoo

I would love USB C. USB charging would be even better, but don't if it's possible with the power requirements of a SP4.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
One thing to remember about using the Type C for Power, when/if that happens I'll never borrow a charger from a stranger or charging station again as it is a data connection as well...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing to remember about using the Type C for Power, when/if that happens I'll never borrow a charger from a stranger or charging station again as it is a data connection as well...
That's true of the micro USB power/data connector on the S3. However, they doesn't [sic] has [sic] to make it a data connection.

malberttoo

Good point, well said. I still long for it though...

tubers

Maybe put all ports on one side like the S3.

Type cover has a strong back/reverse latch perhaps magnet + physical snap/latch so it becomes closer to the more traditional 2-in-1s (no "flapping/saggy/dangling" keyboard) and don't have to remove keyboard.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe put all ports on one side like the S3.

Type cover has a strong back/reverse latch perhaps magnet + physical snap/latch so it becomes closer to the more traditional 2-in-1s (no "flapping/saggy/dangling" keyboard) and don't have to remove keyboard.

I think this is a case where it's a half house on which is better. When i originally bought it i was a little annoyed that there was no magnetic locking for the cover etc, but after owning for a while, i actually really like that it just flops back, makes it feel just like a book and it has actually really grown on my compared to prizing the voer off my tablet cases.

All i'd like is same/more power (no core M please!) but with an if possible, fanless design.