What's new

Surface pro 4 wobbly kickstand

Do you experience the same thing?

• Total voters

Plugturtle

Hi everyone,
I recently purchased the surface pro 4 i7 with 16gb of ram and I'm disappointed to realize that the kickstand has a wobble to it, around a cm or more of give perhaps. when I first noticed it it was only at extreme angles i.e when nearly closed or nearly fully extended, but now its irrelevant what angle its at and always has a wobble. I fear that this is unavoidable due to the fact it works on a hinge. It also has trouble supporting the weight of my hand when its nearly fully extended.

I'm just putting this up to see if you guys find the same issue with yours because theres no point in sending it back if this is a universal issue and is inevitable, in which case id have to go surfaceless for perhaps weeks while the tech support take a look, itd be extremely frustrating to go do that and to find out its inevitable. thanks for reading!, le me know if you find it the same!

alexd

Hi,
On my recently bought SP4 i5 the kickstand also has the same kind of wobble, mostly when it's fully open. It's not very pleasant of course, but I decided that it's not a big deal for me. Now also wondering whether this is present on all SP4 devices or not.

OP
P

Plugturtle

Hi,
On my recently bought SP4 i5 the kickstand also has the same kind of wobble, mostly when it's fully open. It's not very pleasant of course, but I decided that it's not a big deal for me. Now also wondering whether this is present on all SP4 devices or not.

I see, I think Im going to put it down to a universal issue. Not a big deal really it just stands out because its the only thing ive found to complain about, fantastic device altogether really. just a bit of my OCD coming to the surface :p, pun intended