What's new

Surface Pro 5

mitchellvii

I don't see how a big tube is a preferable form factor for carrying around? I think a foldable flat screen is more likely. But still, they really need to focus on building my Nina Agdal robot girlfriend first. :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
But I couldn't run real time 3D Spaceship rendering on it while listening to blob-casts and using it as a portable drum set. I was really disappointed in the symbols which don't sound realistic because the simulated alloy mixture isn't calibrated correctly. . :D

Last edited:

fonzman78

That looks really cool. I like the concept but not to sure about carrying it rolled up. Still, to be able to go from laptop to larger tablet is awesome. But (there's always a but), I wonder how practical it would be to open a 17" tablet in a meeting.

leeshor

I think the rolled up, flexible idea, and screens are going that way, should reduce or eliminate complaints about broken screens.

ctitanic

Also it may eliminate the complain of poor battery life if the spare battery is located in the role.

mitchellvii

C'mon guys, the future isn't screens anyway. The future is augmented reality contact lenses and after that brain implants. Screens will seem like vacuum tubes in the future. Children will laugh at old people when they (we) talk about them. "Grandpa, you mean you actually had to carry your computer around with you? Prehistoric man!"

olimjj

I don't see how a big tube is a preferable form factor for carrying around? I think a foldable flat screen is more likely. But still, they really need to focus on building my Nina Agdal robot girlfriend first. :)

Maybe you can ask Cortana to introduce you once she makes her debut.

Last edited:

ipaq_101

We are very far away from concepts like this becoming reality. Just look at how hard and difficult it has been to sell the public on the Surface Models. People are slow to change, not everyone is like us who are tech geeks and will try anything new. More importantly companies are even slower to change, both Apple and Samsung have been regurgitating the same laptops and mobile phones for years now.

Touch screen PCs are great, however until all big players go all into the technology it's still going to be difficult to sell them to people.

Apple is known or at least talked about being an innovator and am I shocked to see that they haven't moved to touch yet in the PC form. There form and function has been to get everything thinner and lighter, that can only go so far.