Surface Pro 6 JUST NOW installing Marvell Driver updates from August?

Discussion in 'Surface Pro 6' started by Turbo4AWD, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Turbo4AWD

Turbo4AWD Active Member

My Device:
    Other
    Just ran windows update tonight and two updates installed immediately and required a reboot. one was a Marvell Semiconductor update for Bluetooth and the other one was a Marvell Semiconductor update for "Net". What was strange was that the updates are dated for 08/09/2019.....so my Surface Pro 6 did not install the update for 3 months? Not just "automagic" updates, but also when I go into Windows Update and force it to check for updates?

Regardless, I did notice a minor performance increase during specific tasks. For example, applications launch faster. Edge, Facebook, File Explorer,...all take less time to come up and load content. Not complaining, but just thought it was strange behavior. Anyone else get this update recently?

2. wpcoe

wpcoe Member

My Device:
    SPro
    You're lucky. As noted in another thread, my SP6 *still* hasn't received the Marvell updates.

Turbo4AWD likes this.
  3. Turbo4AWD

Turbo4AWD Active Member

My Device:
    Other
    Interesting....but I agree with the thread....it is now the END of November and I got the AUGUST driver updates....they are pretty great....

4. Turbo4AWD

Turbo4AWD Active Member

My Device:
    Other
    ….I mean, the Surface Pro 6 was pretty fast and responsive already, but NOW.....it's damn near instant when I open Edge or other apps. Not sure how much of a hit my battery life is going to take, but I'll see with time.

5. JamesM.

JamesM. New Member

My Device:
    SPro
    Just got mine last night as well 11-29-19. It is faster. But like @Turbo4AWD said we will see on the battery life.