What's new

surface pro + Adobe Master Collection CS6=?

aquazula

Hi!

Well I was wondering if anyone knows (for sure) if installing Adobe Master Collection to the Surface Pro would result a problem. Sth like slowing down the device or not working apropietly. I know for sure the thing that the touch sensitivity to sketch doesn't work, but I'm more worried about a lot of programs afecting my surface system and that adobe's softwares are no good to work on the surface pro (ex. I've been using google chrome and it seems that in the surface by having more than 6 tabs, the tabs obstruct the buttons for "minimize, minimize size, close"... i think it is because it is not really well adapted to the surface pro, so i'm worried that the same thing happens with adobe master collection).

magicrobots

I've been using photoshop, illustrator and lightroom frequently on the Pro, and it doesn't break a sweat.

And the pen is now pressure sensitive in PS with Wacom's new drivers.

leeshor

If you install the "Collection" I'm thinking your biggest issue may be disk space. Install what you need and be very selective.

OP
A

aquazula

I've been using photoshop, illustrator and lightroom frequently on the Pro, and it doesn't break a sweat.

And the pen is now pressure sensitive in PS with Wacom's new drivers.

i don't know much of wacom's drivers, should i install it after installing adobe?

malberttoo

i don't know much of wacom's drivers, should i install it after installing adobe?

Use Vinumsv's link above, and install the driver now if you want. It enhances the function of your Surface Pro, regardless of whether you have CS6 installed or not.

Intangir

Does the workable area in PS CS6 work well on the Pro's screen? I am currently using Google Sketchup on my Pro, but have been considering throwing on CS6 now that the pen works correctly with it. My only concern is that the screen will be much to cluttered on the Pros screen and hinder productivity. I have CS6 on my gaming rig, but I have 4 monitors for that PC, so I have everything spread out and have tons of space to work with.

Is it worth putting CS6 on the pro?

darktiger

Personally I use LR and Photoshop CS6 on my SP when I am out/coffeeshop/trips and do not have any issues with it.. I love the new wacom drivers for it.. the only thing left (IMO) is pinch to zoom and I think PS would be complete on the SP. :)