What's new

Surface Pro is the perfect size

NGC

If you jump to the Samsung ATIV Q or Sony Vaio Duo 13 you might be making a big mistake. They are too large. A Surface Pro 2 with an improved intel chip and battery life is the best alternative.

Spaniard

I agree, I use Surface Pro a lot in portrait mode and I think it's the top size for a touch portrait. Just look Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13:
35477652_320x240.jpg

mitchellvii

If you jump to the Samsung ATIV Q or Sony Vaio Duo 13 you might be making a big mistake. They are too large. A Surface Pro 2 with an improved intel chip and battery life is the best alternative.

If 10.6 is the "perfect size" why is no one else in the hybrid space copying it? If the Surface Pro form factor is the perfect form factor, why is no one else in the hybrid space copying it? If all of these things about Surface Pro are perfect, why is almost no one buying it?

Unlike Microsoft, these other REAL computer manufacturers actually do market research and NO ONE is coming to the conclusions that MS has come to on design.

You may like the SP size, but for a business hybrid, it's too small. 900 million reasons it's too small.

TeknoBlast

If you have so much hate for the Surface, why are you here? I'm sure many welcome different point of views, but you constantly come here to drop hate. You have 1,110 post and I'm sure 1,100 are nothing but hate comments. Don't know if your end goal is to convince the Surface owners here to join in on your hate parade, but it's time to give it up already. Look at my avatar one more time, I hope you have nightmares. BOO!

mitchellvii

If you have so much hate for the Surface, why are you here? I'm sure many welcome different point of views, but you constantly come here to drop hate. You have 1,110 post and I'm sure 1,100 are nothing but hate comments. Don't know if your end goal is to convince the Surface owners here to join in on your hate parade, but it's time to give it up already. Look at my avatar one more time, I hope you have nightmares. BOO!

I can see you don't handle criticism well. Despite all your "hate" mumbo jumbo, it is hard to argue that my criticisms of the Surface Pro over time have not been spot on, that is if one considers sales numbers as evidence. Do you honestly think Haswell is the only thing standing between the Surface Pro and blockbuster sales? The business marketplace has clearly rejected the Surface Pro form factor. It is simply too limiting for most users.

The truth is often painful and yet it remains the truth. MS should stick with the Surface (RT) II and abandon the Surface Pro II. There is a place in the market for an improved Surface RT but not for a refreshed Surface Pro. As I have said on numerous occasions, the fact that NO ONE is emulating the Surface Pro should tell you something. That isn't hate friend, that is the facts. When you start seeing facts as hate you have a problem no group hug is going to solve.

P.S., Your statement that all of my posts are negative is complete hyperbole and rubbish. My comments have been "liked" far and away more than anyone else in this forum. Must be a lot of haters here.

** I am enthusiastic about the idea of a faster Surface RT with an HD screen, pen and better pricing. I can see that really catching on with students. See, I'm not negative, just realistic.

Last edited:

DOS

Well, when it comes to the next Surface, whether it is the PRO or RT or both or neither, we should remember this adage:

If at first you don’t succeed… you should probably stay away from sky diving.

mitchellvii

BTW guys, make sure you download the Windows 8 updates today. If you are on 8.1 you will notice some pretty dramatic improvements in screen image and video load times. Like major. No more hanging embedded videos in Modern IE and fonts are much smoother.

Naci

I'm with Spaniard and NGC. I use portrait mode to read my Zinio magazines all the time. I've also built a few websites with the SP and find the portrait mode helpful when I want to see all the changes I've made without scrolling up and down. I love my SP and always wonder how I managed without it. Now I do so much more work, more quickly, and in more places than ever. My desktop (which I love) is collecting dust.

Spaniard

Spaniard what uses do you have for portrait mode? Personally I find it nothing but amusing...
I have more than 100 GIGABYTES of ebooks and PDFs, available via wifi in my house and I'm going to read a lot of them in my Surface Pro.
Surface Pro size = iPad size = DIN A5 size = most books size = not too small to read magazines = not too big to touch
Check out this video from minute 1:23
[video=youtube;Mp9VBlxC-UI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp9VBlxC-UI[/video]