What's new

Surface Pro - Marvell AVASTAR 350N wifi speed?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I know Hanford, CA isn't a huge place (used to live in Modesto) but have you done a site survey to see if there is other AP's crowding your signal? I use insider for my Site Surveys.

CrippsCorner

Jeff, I have a question. I just purchased the Nighthawk router the other day, but I'm experiencing ups and downs on signal strength on my Surface Pro 2. It goes from 3 bars to 4 and then back to 3. Do you know of anything that I can change on the router to stop the variations. Thanks

Mine jumps constantly from 2-3-4 bars! The speed never actually changes though.

revmike

Well it truly is a small world, Hanford has grown, don't know when you were in Modesto, Hanford is up to 60,000+. Yes I used inssider which showed the other networks in my area, it suggested that I change to channel 11, which I did. It still changes, but the frequency has lessen. So I've resolved to live with it. Thanks for the assistance.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Well it truly is a small world, Hanford has grown, don't know when you were in Modesto, Hanford is up to 60,000+. Yes I used inssider which showed the other networks in my area, it suggested that I change to channel 11, which I did. It still changes, but the frequency has lessen. So I've resolved to live with it. Thanks for the assistance.

I was the Associate Pastor at American Baptist Church from 1992 through 1996, I also worked for Central Valley Youth for Christ as the Director of Schools Ministry during the same time. I met and married my Wife in Modesto, we left in 1997.

I'm glad it is working now....

revmike

I added an Amped Wireless High Power 1000 mW WiFi signal booster to my netgear nighthawk router. I now get 5 bars, where I used to receive 3.