What's new

Surface Pro Mini Rumors: Fall Launch, Reduced Specs & Smaller Screen

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
SurfaceProLeft-580x386.jpg

There's an article claiming to have several new tidbits regarding the oft-rumored Surface Pro Mini. Here's a quote with several details,

Rumors of the Surface Pro Mini's release date and specs have been given new life at the beginning of 2015. According to fresh reports gathered from various online sources, Microsoft's tiny "Windows 10" tablet is real. Not only that, but it will likely sport reduced specs and a smaller screen than the hypothetical Surface Pro 4.

With regards to specifics on the matter, ITPro's ongoing Surface Pro Mini article has plenty of juicy details to share. Like has been previously reported by Design & Trend, speculation continues that the Surface Pro Mini will sport a screen size between 8 and 10.1 inches. Essentially, that makes the display of the Surface Pro Mini comparable to Apple's iPad Mini. On the other hand, its largest display spec stretches beyond that of the 9.7-inch iPad Air 2.

Many sources claim that the Surface Pro Mini exists to battle competitors like the iPad Mini and Google's Nexus 7, but this particular rumored design suggests a product capable of taking on full-size devices too.

There are a few more details at the full story here: http://www.designntrend.com/article...15-features-specs-windows-10-screen-rumor.htm

What do you guys think of the likelihood that Microsoft will launch a Surface Pro Mini in 2015?

leeshor

This has been an on-again off-again rumor for some time now. Need to get beyond the rumor stage. But I wouldn't be surprised and I know a lot of people on this forum who would love to see it.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
This rumor seems undecided between Surface Pro Mini and Surface Mini given it quoted using a Snapdragon SoC. 1gb ram, it would not be a Pro but wit those specs it would be a mini alright.

If they go 10.1 and 3:2 .666 or 16:10 .625 aspect ratio (I hope were done with 16:9 .5625) then they better stuff more in the bag like a Snapdragon 810 or Tegra X1 and at least 2gb ram but 4 would be preferred.

What ever they do I hope they don't under spec compared to the competition. You got to kick their butt and take their name err customers. :)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If it is under 10" and if the rumors are true which I believe they are, it won't matter if Intel ATOM or ARM both will run a desktopless Mobile SKU... so my guess is they will go with ARM....

Teddy Playgroup

It will prob sport a intel atom like the 8' models out there with 1 - 2GB of RAM storage size will vary....I'm in for one maybe...I love my yoga 2 10'

TeknoBlast

I have the HP Stream 7 and it's pretty nice. If a Surface Mini at 8" comes out, I'll be the first in line at the MS Store.