Surface Pro Mini Rumors: Fall Launch, Reduced Specs & Smaller Screen

Discussion in 'Surface Forum Site News' started by dgstorm, Jan 12, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

There's an article claiming to have several new tidbits regarding the oft-rumored Surface Pro Mini. Here's a quote with several details,

There are a few more details at the full story here: http://www.designntrend.com/article...15-features-specs-windows-10-screen-rumor.htm

What do you guys think of the likelihood that Microsoft will launch a Surface Pro Mini in 2015?

2. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    This has been an on-again off-again rumor for some time now. Need to get beyond the rumor stage. But I wouldn't be surprised and I know a lot of people on this forum who would love to see it.

3. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

This rumor seems undecided between Surface Pro Mini and Surface Mini given it quoted using a Snapdragon SoC. 1gb ram, it would not be a Pro but wit those specs it would be a mini alright.

If they go 10.1 and 3:2 .666 or 16:10 .625 aspect ratio (I hope were done with 16:9 .5625) then they better stuff more in the bag like a Snapdragon 810 or Tegra X1 and at least 2gb ram but 4 would be preferred.

What ever they do I hope they don't under spec compared to the competition. You got to kick their butt and take their name err customers. :)

4. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    If it is under 10" and if the rumors are true which I believe they are, it won't matter if Intel ATOM or ARM both will run a desktopless Mobile SKU... so my guess is they will go with ARM....

5. Teddy Playgroup

Teddy Playgroup New Member

It will prob sport a intel atom like the 8' models out there with 1 - 2GB of RAM storage size will vary....I'm in for one maybe...I love my yoga 2 10'

6. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Active Member

I have the HP Stream 7 and it's pretty nice. If a Surface Mini at 8" comes out, I'll be the first in line at the MS Store.