What's new

Surface pro3 bug ? or is it just me ?

Young Jin Kim

I have surface pro3 i7 256gb version and im very happy with the unit.
however i noticed with my keyboard attach to the unit and in portrait mode when i restart from windows, i will get stuck on surface pro logo and won't boot .. i will have to force power off and power on again to boot again .. without the keyboard attached in portrait mode or landscape mode with keyboard still attach to it.. it will restart just fine ..

Im not sure if this is a bug or just my unit that has a problem..
Please can someone try to restart windows with keyboard attach to the unit in portrait mode and let me know? I would really appreciate it ..
Thanks..

leeshor

Welcome to the forum
Have you applied ALL the patches and updates with the keyboard attached?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly - What Lee is saying, if any of the Firmware Updates were applied without the Cover Attached you are missing a few updates to the Cover.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't know if it's that. I never had the keyboard attached for almost all of my 8.1 updates, never had this issue.

leeshor

If you don't know what you're missing it won't hurt.

However, since no 2 systems are configured exactly the same one or more apps may have a dependency on the keyboard being updated on one system that wouldn't apply to another system

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Unless the Cover is attached it will not apply the Firmware to it (it can't write to the Cover's EEPROM if it isn't connected).