What's new

Surface pro4 going back

Antr1

sorry I gave the pro 4 a chance but so many software glitches it is ridiculous. productivity is when it works and you can accomplish task.

fletch33

WOW i have to say WOW

i bought the SP3 and went through a few hiccups going to 10 but my i5 256GB SP4 has been as smooth as i could have asked for.

maybe you should ask for some help or list your issues to see if a possible hardware or user error items you have causing you grief?

OP
A

Antr1

Where do I start. Sometimes I can't access websites and I test all of this with my iPhone and iPad and no problems. Then the time is off and when I change it, it eventually goes back to a different time. I called Microsoft and they said disable automatic time. Which is weird because why have it if it doesn't work. Then it seems as though the backlight flickers. Next the Microsoft store is a hit and miss. Sometimes I can access it then sometimes it won't. Then the apps I do have will work sometimes then they don't. I never had this much problem with my ipad.

leeshor

Automatic time has been an issue for some for a very long time. There never has been a good explanation for why.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Automatic time has been an issue for some for a very long time. There never has been a good explanation for why.
Sometimes ISPs optimize network traffic for you and you end up in a different time zone or the twilight zone.;) In such cases I find selecting one of the other time sources from the list solves the problem. After all it is NTP (Network Time Protocol).

It sounds like you're having some general Wifi issues also which can often be resolved by going into Device Manager selecting the Wireless Adapter and uninstalling the driver. It should reinstall automatically if not reboot. Sometimes running the network troubleshooter will resolve issues as well.

Afy

Where do I start. Sometimes I can't access websites and I test all of this with my iPhone and iPad and no problems. Then the time is off and when I change it, it eventually goes back to a different time. I called Microsoft and they said disable automatic time. Which is weird because why have it if it doesn't work. Then it seems as though the backlight flickers. Next the Microsoft store is a hit and miss. Sometimes I can access it then sometimes it won't. Then the apps I do have will work sometimes then they don't. I never had this much problem with my ipad.
Please go back to your iPad. Evidently the Surface isn't for you. Cheers!

OP
A

Antr1

Sometimes ISPs optimize network traffic for you and you end up in a different time zone or the twilight zone.;) In such cases I find selecting one of the other time sources from the list solves the problem. After all it is NTP (Network Time Protocol).

It sounds like you're having some general Wifi issues also which can often be resolved by going into Device Manager selecting the Wireless Adapter and uninstalling the driver. It should reinstall automatically if not reboot. Sometimes running the network troubleshooter will resolve issues as well.
Yeah I uninstalled the driver and it did reinstall it once I reset the computer. The same problem exist. Plus all the others devices do not have trouble with NTP. They all sync up fine and never off.

OP
A

Antr1

Yeah I love the concept but I wish it worked better. I would like to be patient but I was reading that sometimes it takes months for fixes:(