What's new

Surface RT 2 Details Revealed: Tegra 4, Full HD 1080p, White & Black Options, & More

kristalsoldier

Sounds good on the FULL HD screen resolution. Now if they just add a pen and price it right this could become an excellent choice for college students. I still fully expect MS to find a way to blow this.

Weird that so many early reports were for a non FULL HD screen. Wonder where that came from?

I believe the Surface 2 may succeed but the Surface Pro 2 will fail. These are both good steps forward. The problem is the competition is already doing it better. This is the problem when a non manufacturer tries to manufacture. They don't have the flexibility to make design changes as quickly.

Surface 2 may break even for MS as a showcase for RT but SP2 is merely a face saving move and will lose money. Surface 2 can compete as a "Tablet+" but SP2 can't compete as a true business hybrid - more of a "Tablet++". Surface Pro 1 was a sales failure and it was the best device of its kind at the time. It will now be released against some pretty brutal competition for the business dollar.

MS should have gone all in on the Surface 2 and dropped the Pro line altogether.

Ideally, yes. But till MS gets its act together on working out the wrinkles on the MOX front (especially for the Office suite), I don't think they can afford to.

demandarin

What iOS or Android tablets around the $500-600 mark have active digitizers?

Actually my Galaxy Note 10.1. It has a woacom digitizer or whatever in it. Bought is last summer when it first came out for $599 for 32gb wifi version. Love that tablet. I'm running custom rom on it now. Hyperdeive Rom with Zeus kernel. Runs excellent despite being slightly dated. Its a great device. But as far as capabilities and power goes, it can't hold a candle to my Pro.

mitchellvii

What iOS or Android tablets around the $500-600 mark have active digitizers?

Question: Do you ever do any research before reacting to my posts?

Note 10.1 and the new version of that will be lighter, thinner, have better battery life and a better screen. Also the pen itself works much better than the Surface Pen.

demandarin

The note pen is.good but IMO surface pro pen is.alot better. Aside from random cursor going to left side of screen..lol both are good. But the pro pen itself is better and writing seems a little more natural to me on pro. Even.with my HD clear screen protector on.