Surface RT and PRO :D

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro' started by GreatWindows, Feb 4, 2013.

1. machistmo

machistmo Active Member

My Device:
    Other
    You will not miss the RT at all. The Pro wakes from sleep very nicely. It boots in 15 seconds or less. Its a little heavier but worth every ounce. Its an ULTRA Ultra-book. Go for it - you will love it. I have not used the pen except briefly. It seemed ok, its just not part of my daily tasks and not something I love. The Thinkpad Tablet2 has a mini version of the Wacom pen and it fits inside the device. Its a clover-trail 32 bit pro device. But its like $649 vs 899.....

2. KLR

KLR New Member

I decided to upgrade from the RT to the Pro specifically for Adobe Lightroom and PhotoShop. Likewise I was a bit concerned over the added size and weight however I must say that I have not really noticed it. I am not sure how or why but the device just seems to balance nice when use it more like a tablet. I also have not noticed any real heat or extra fan noise, at least not yet. I think you will be fine.

I installed the 2 apps and am pleasantly surprised at how fast and smooth they run.

Couple of fun side notes;
    I decided to install Guild Wars 2 (MMO) just to see how it would run and it handles it fine (no external monitor and using the type keyboard). No serious LAG running around town at least. I have not funny tested this but I had to try...
    When I purchased the Pro (128) I walked into best buy at the right time. They only had 3 and they were supposed to be reserved however they let me take one anyways. I got lucky and did not have to preorder.