What's new

Surface screen broken , Repair options ?

Hi guys , today is one on the worst day for me , i dropped my watch from just a 1 feet to the surface screen , the screen has shattered from the bottom right side, it is still in working condition but there is a huge line of crack , can you please tell me how can i get the screen repaired ? and from where ?

I need to get it fixed.

Hi stranger4all,might use the microsoft warranty,if you want to replace your screen you can buy it on ebay -> link

Here I leave a video for how to disassemble

[video=youtube;vOLtMUidmv8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOLtMUidmv8[/video]

Greetings.

Last edited:

GoodBytes

Hi guys , today is one on the worst day for me , i dropped my watch from just a 1 feet to the surface screen , the screen has shattered from the bottom right side, it is still in working condition but there is a huge line of crack , can you please tell me how can i get the screen repaired ? and from where ?

I need to get it fixed.

If your Surface Pro 2 is under 90 days of purchase, you can get Microsoft Complete: Accidental damage protection for 2 years and extended the warranty from 1 to 2 years (150$ only).
Sending the device for repair to Microsoft without Microsoft complete, will cost you around 500$.
If it's after your 90 days, contact Microsoft and see if they do an exception, and allow you to purchase one.

kozak79

Also, check your credit card policy. American Express offers a 90 day accidental damage protection on everything you buy with it. I've used it iPhones and TVs.

OP
S

stranger4all

Dear Good Bytes

Can you share me the link from where i can purchase accidental damage protection warrantee ?

my Hardware warranty expires: 04/11/2015

so is it within the limits ? can i buy ? and where to buy from ?

Thank you for your support.

GoodBytes

https://myservice.surface.com/en-US/Pages/Welcome.aspx

Sign in. Then click on Buy a Service Plan. Select your Surface Pro 2 (if you don't see it, click on Add a device or cover. If you do see it listed, be sure that the series number matches the one under the kick-stand).
From there you can buy Microsoft Complete.

The time allowed depends when you purchased the device.

CORRECTION. I have said 90days after purchase. I was wrong. It is 45 days.
Microsoft Surface warranty | Surface extended warranty | Microsoft Complete

CrippsCorner

I'm too scared to press it lol but there's an option on that Surface website to return the device due to a cracked screen... if you do this, will they charge you then? I returned mine for an issue which didn't even exist :p and they never said a word (for free btw)

OP
S

stranger4all

Its so bad that the screen is of such quality that it cant resist anything falling on it from a mere few inches, and its really bad that MS has kept this Surface only limited to few countries , i am currently in Nepal and working here while i bought this amazing device from Hongkong after quite some struggle but now that i am here and want to get it repaired its costing me 2638 HK$ equal to 340$ for just the repair while the cost for taking it to HK is again costing me somewhere 150$ total going to 500$ about half the price of the surface :mad2: . its just a question while making a 1000$+ device cant they make the screen more durable , i have the crack only on one side and able to use the SP2 with my mouse and type cover but then again it sucks not to be able to use touch,

My bro has apple ipad air and his son has fallen on it even pushed it off the bed and thrown his smart phone on the screen still the screen on the air seems to be more resistant and there isnt a scratch till now. MS should make better quality screens or atleast repair them at an affordable cost.

so when is SP3 expected i think its better to wait for a SP3 then spend half the amount in repairing a screen.

even this extended warantee is not available to be purchased in HK ! :(

CrippsCorner

To be fair I've not heard of any other cases of the screens shattering from items falling on them, I'm sorry that you've been unlucky this time round :(

No news on Surface Pro 3 yet... although the Surface Mini is rumoured for a May release.