What's new

Surface -> Surface 2 Trade in Program

CrippsCorner

Stop tempting me into an upgrade, I really can't afford it!

The thing that annoys me is I was always planning to get a new computer for Christmas this year. But then I thought nah, can't wait now the Surface Pro is out so went and got one...

Maybe I should have stuck to my original plan
angry.png

demandarin

I just purchased it...too good of a deal to pass up. I could still get Asus down the road and sell this RT for a small profit later. But I'm pretty sure my woman going to love it. Then we can share my type cover also.

They were running low...these things been selling like crazy since last night. The thing that sold me it being 64gb. A helluva deal.

Anyone else that wants one better hurry...they almost sold out.

OP
chrisleung

chrisleung

I just purchased it...too good of a deal to pass up. I could still get Asus down the road and sell this RT for a small profit later. But I'm pretty sure my woman going to love it. Then we can share my type cover also.

They were running low...these things been selling like crazy since last night. The thing that sold me it being 64gb. A helluva deal.

Anyone else that wants one better hurry...they almost sold out.

Good to hear the Surfaces are selling well now. Is it the RT's that are selling well or the Pros? Or both?

Wanna buy one for me too? :p

gabe406

I purchased an SP1 with 128GB in May of this year. It is in mint condition with a screen cover and never had any problems with it. I brought it to the same MS store I purchased it in Connecticut and asked what credit could I get if I purchase the SP2. The staff behind the counter went to a website (I failed to see what the url was) and told me I could get $237 of credit for it. I told him "honestly, do you really believe that this unit is worth only $237, even if I buy the new SP2 when it comes out". His reply was that that the website is what determines the trade in cost and he could not negotiate a better deal. I am posting this to see if and what others are getting for trade-in values because I can't believe a 5 month old $999 SP1 128GB is only worth $237!?!? I would be curious what others have to say.

demandarin

Good to hear the Surfaces are selling well now. Is it the RT's that are selling well or the Pros? Or both?

Wanna buy one for me too? :p

Its the surface RT selling on.eBay like crazy. I'm sure buy now surface RT sales in total are now surpassing the pro versions. These devices still come with 1 year warranty. Too good of a deal to pass up.

Chris, we need you to release your new case already. How close are you to finalizing/releasing?

demandarin

I purchased an SP1 with 128GB in May of this year. It is in mint condition with a screen cover and never had any problems with it. I brought it to the same MS store I purchased it in Connecticut and asked what credit could I get if I purchase the SP2. The staff behind the counter went to a website (I failed to see what the url was) and told me I could get $237 of credit for it. I told him "honestly, do you really believe that this unit is worth only $237, even if I buy the new SP2 when it comes out". His reply was that that the website is what determines the trade in cost and he could not negotiate a better deal. I am posting this to see if and what others are getting for trade-in values because I can't believe a 5 month old $999 SP1 128GB is only worth $237!?!? I would be curious what others have to say.

No way! I will not take a loss like that on my pro that's still not even a month old...that's crazy prices. A pawn shop will likely pay more than.that. a shame at that price.

OP
chrisleung

chrisleung

Its the surface RT selling on.eBay like crazy. I'm sure buy now surface RT sales in total are now surpassing the pro versions. These devices still come with 1 year warranty. Too good of a deal to pass up.

Chris, we need you to release your new case already. How close are you to finalizing/releasing?

Waiting for MS Surface 2 announcement on the 23rd about the new kickstand angles and to confirm the dimensions of the Surface 2. Once that comes around, will announce the next steps :)

OP
chrisleung

chrisleung

This couldn't be further from the truth
And I can say this based on my own personal experience

What I said is based on my personal experience.

Maybe you can share your personal experience. In my opinion that would be more productive than implying that I'm not telling the truth.

CrippsCorner

Typical of trade in values tbh. Luckily I don't intend on upgrading anyway, but it is frustrating to loose so much value so quickly for sure... I change computers every 4 years and have never actually sold any old computers of mine, I'm sure this'll be the same! Then again I suppose I never spent so much in the first place lol.

gangolfus

That's because you are selling it to a reseller, not an end user. They buy the product, refurbish it, then resell it to an end user. They therefore have to buy it well below fair market value so that they can make money along the way. You are essentially paying them to sell it for you. If you want to get full market value out of it, sell it on your own.