What's new

Surface Tweak Tool for Surface Pro 2 - Release!

VickiFL

Long time no see!

I present to you a new version of Surface Tweak Tool.

-> New - High-DPI support.
-> Improved - Support for latest Intel drivers.
-> Improved - 80-points calibration. Improved tracking on the right side of the screen.
Link removed. Direct downloads are not allowed by the forum guidelines.

I have a Surface Pro 3, but I'm still glad I downloaded the program. Thank you!

jfracine

Thanks you very much Goodbytes. The pixelisation in dark scenes was driving me crazy and i prefer using official graphic drivers for battery autonomy reasons. I recently discovered that one of my peripherical (sd reader) was not deepsleeping and after countless manipulation in the registry, i was able to activate the usb suspended state, making a huge difference in my battery life!

Draconica5

Just pass by and leave an update that the Black Level problem on Surface Pro 2 is fully fixed with the lastest firmware update (19 May 2015) and this tool! :D

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php
Before this firmware update my SP2 still can't see the no.1 to no.3 (or 4) in the black level test above, now I can see it!

Last edited:

jfracine

Oups, now i have the flickering brightness issue when i watch a movie with low brightness and dark scenes. I dont know if its related to the new graphics drivers or if it was there already. What should i do? Intel drivers and fiddling with intel settings? What about battery, any clear info about the battery performance of intel drivers vs microsoft intel drivers?

fer

I download it for my surface pro 3 but it doesn't work. I try many times on and off but doesn't work. any solution?

OP
G

GoodBytes

I need to look into it. Mind you I don't have a Surface Pro 3. But, I know it works with Intel latest drivers available in Intel website (to fix the lack of colors), and to fix the color shift, if it doesn't work my Surface Tweak tool, you can change the option in the Intel Control Panel.

fer

I need to look into it. Mind you I don't have a Surface Pro 3. But, I know it works with Intel latest drivers available in Intel website (to fix the lack of colors), and to fix the color shift, if it doesn't work my Surface Tweak tool, you can change the option in the Intel Control Panel.

i have surface pro 3 with stock graphic drivers. does this tool work with it? or i need the intel graphic drivers?

OP
G

GoodBytes

I don't personally know, as I don't have a SP3.
You can always try. Worst come to come to worst, you can uninstall the drivers from device manager, restart, and check for Windows update, the firmware update will show up again, install it, and the driver and default settings will return. But I doubt it will come to this, it will simply not work.

fer

I don't personally know, as I don't have a SP3.
You can always try. Worst come to come to worst, you can uninstall the drivers from device manager, restart, and check for Windows update, the firmware update will show up again, install it, and the driver and default settings will return. But I doubt it will come to this, it will simply not work.
maybe is a problem with new drivers in the new update?

OP
G

GoodBytes

maybe is a problem with new drivers in the new update?
It seams that Microsoft is doing more and more things to block changes for some reason, since I started this tool.
On my side, it seams that Microsoft fixed the problem. but I don't know if it because my settings was transferred, or the installed drivers are the same as the one I got from Intel website so nothing was changed. I need, like every time, to do some testing to see if that is really the case, and if my tool stopped working, what can be done to fix this. If I can at all, or partially (previous firmware was partially on the SP2, where it fixed the lack of colors, but not the dynamic contrast ratio. You had to to use Intel website drivers, but you can fix the dynamic contrast in the Intel control panel at this point).

fer

It seams that Microsoft is doing more and more things to block changes for some reason, since I started this tool.
On my side, it seams that Microsoft fixed the problem. but I don't know if it because my settings was transferred, or the installed drivers are the same as the one I got from Intel website so nothing was changed. I need, like every time, to do some testing to see if that is really the case, and if my tool stopped working, what can be done to fix this. If I can at all, or partially (previous firmware was partially on the SP2, where it fixed the lack of colors, but not the dynamic contrast ratio. You had to to use Intel website drivers, but you can fix the dynamic contrast in the Intel control panel at this point).
So i can install Intel driver, Adjust the setting and after restore Microsoft driver that maintain the new setting?