What's new

Surface Tweak Tool for Surface Pro 2 - Release!

OP
G

GoodBytes

Hmm... is your Surface Pro 2 in landscape? Try that if you were holing it in portrait.
Also, your screen resolution needs to be 1920x1080. The native resolution of the Surface Pro 2.

beq

I just noticed something today.... Microsoft has added the Intel control panel in the latest firmware. Right-click on the desktop and its there.
Can people confirm this? If so, should I remove it from my tweak software? Or keep it for people with the old firmware?
Yes I can confirm that. Also shows an Intel icon in the system tray.

Thanks again for your work!

OP
G

GoodBytes

I do have the tray icon, but don't have the usual 20 startup Intel thing, which I am very happy. I don't like useless startup programs.

[update] Removed the tray icon. Wait you can't... even though you have no startup, and the option is set to not show the notification tray icon, it still shows it. More reason why I hate Intel.[/update]

Last edited:

mennogreg

I just noticed something today.... Microsoft has added the Intel control panel in the latest firmware. Right-click on the desktop and its there.
Can people confirm this? If so, should I remove it from my tweak software? Or keep it for people with the old firmware?

As long as it doesn't conflict with it (for example, turning an option off on the tweak tool shows it as on in control center), I'd just leave it in, especially since they pulled the recent firmware.

One thing the firmware did fix is the banding in images, I see no image degradation now.

I dont have the intel control panel or right click showing it... how can I get that?

going to DL this to check it out..

bluegrass

You need the March firmware update, which has been pulled. It looks likes it got some people issues.

That's good. As long as it just has people issues and not software or hardware issues. I installed it on my SP2 last Tuesday morning and I (people) haven't had an issue. As far as tweaking goes, I'm surprised how many tweets there is about tweaks.

You need the March firmware update, which has been pulled. It looks likes it got some people issues.

I know I've seen reports of bugs, but have you seen any reports of it officially being pulled? I can't find anything through Google and all I've seen is someone on this board saying it disappeared from windows update. The change log is still on Microsoft's site.

OP
G

GoodBytes

so then maybe not.
I dont' feel like re-installing my Surface Pro 2, just to look if the firmware is actually still there or not. But they are reports on comments on some news sites that says that they don't have the firmware. Maybe it's due to something else, like didnt' install the Feb update. I don't know, only guessing.

beq

One thing the firmware did fix is the banding in images, I see no image degradation now.
Wow I just checked some gradient test images (which I haven't done in awhile), and you're right! :)

Removed the tray icon. Wait you can't... even though you have no startup, and the option is set to not show the notification tray icon, it still shows it. More reason why I hate Intel.[/update]
Sorry I forgot to mention this, I also have the same bug with the Intel systray icon always appearing after startup. Even though you uncheck the tray icon option, you'll find that it's been checked again after the next startup.