What's new

Surface when is charging electrocutes

alexd88

Hy guys, i found another problem with my surface when the battery is charging and the i have the tablet on my lap and the top of the tablet touches my skin electrocutes me. Is something like someone put some needels in my skin. Does somebody have same problem? I think is a problem of isolation between the motherbord and the magnesium skeen.

Votality

Hy guys, i found another problem with my surface when the battery is charging and the i have the tablet on my lap and the top of the tablet touches my skin electrocutes me. Is something like someone put some needels in my skin. Does somebody have same problem? I think is a problem of isolation between the motherbord and the magnesium skeen.

Read here:

Why do I get a shock or Tingle when I touch the DVD Player or VTR / VCR's RCA connectors ?

From this sentence onward.

"Double-insulated equipment is not connected to the mains earth and most of the Hi-Fi and
Video gear intended for the domestic user is double-insulated."

Basically i suspect you have a small amount of leakage from the double insulated power supply. If you know someone else try with their power supply and see if its a bit better. To be sure its not some other hazardous fault maybe have an electrician check it.