What's new

Surfacegate

I will give Microsoft the benefit that they have delivered far superior customer service than either Apple or Lenovo.

I MUST disagree. I had the Surface Book i7 / 512, and was lied to by their support on 5 occasions on an RMA (Paid Advance Replacement) that never occurred.

Here are a few low-lights of my Support experience over the Month and a half with a Surface Book
  • Microsoft Store (Tyson Corner, VA) - "We will put you in for back-order to the store and you will get one as soon as we receive them" That was Nov 16, 2015, still have no email or notice of any kind that they have a SB for me
  • Microsoft Store (Tysone Corner, VA) 3 weeks after the launch, and third time to the store "Microsoft did not release the Surface Book i7 yet" After I corrected him, and he checked with another floor worker he returned and told me he was wrong, they did not have them, but I could 'PREPay for one' (I did not
  • Surface Support (3 of them) "I will personally update you" never heard from them
  • Surface Support "Tinz: at 8:25:38 - due to delivery congestion, unable to give us update for the tracking number" -- REALLY, they shipped it, but due to FedEx delivery congestion they can not provide a Tracking Number?
  • Surface
  • Customer Advocacy Team "As soon as we have an update and tracking number" Never found it, (I returned the product)
  • I had the 2 year enhanced warranty on my old Surface Pro 3 i7. Sold it on eBay, and Microsoft deleted the warranty. 4 hours with support to get them to put it back on, by luck I had the original sale receipt and could email it to them.
And that does not include the time (HOURS) I wasted trying to work on the Surface Book, through erratic behaviors, 'reset' and rebuild

I have had Apple products since 2000, and many have had issues, and I have NEVER had any of the absolutely insulting support Microsoft gave me for the month I owned a Surface Book.

I have owned Surface Pro, Surface Pro 3, and I WANT to own a Surface again, and probably will (as I still have two docks that I could not return), but REFUSE to give them money until there is a trend that the issues with the product and the support is fixed!

Last edited:

Zkyevolved

That's strange. I've had nothing but great things to say about Surface and Microsoft Store support.

I've heard that "I'll personally get back to you" from the US team, which they never did. That's because English is my first language, being from the US and all. Now I'm living in Spain, and I've been contacting the Spanish team ever since and every time they say that they'll keep me in the loop, they do. Sometimes they even call me just to make sure I'm happy with my order!

I'm very sorry about your bad support. It's funny because I think the US team is the bad egg. I am SO happy with the Spanish team. They're top and always do what they say they'll do and keep me apprised of the situation.