What's new

Sync iTunes movies and music to Surface 2 tablet for viewing freely

PavtubeVideo

The Surface 2, which debuted last month, comes with Intel's latest chips and boasts better battery life than last year's model. It's also got a new two-position kickstand in the back so that the tablet can be used more easily on laps when connected to Microsoft's keyboard accessory.

It's really a good choice for people who just want to get a windows 8 tablet. Maybe you just got this one. i find some users have this quesition, “Can I sync my iTunes library with the Surface 2?”. As we all know, iTunes is a great platform for apple users to purchase movies, TV shows, apps, games, music and more. There is no iTunes for RT yet. And I would dare say Apple will not be developing an RT port in the future. Actually, iTunes contents are encrypted. Though you have spent money on them, you aren’t allowed to stream them to non-apple devices.

I think, there is no other better way, converting iTunes media to a playable format outside of iTunes, then, we can easily watch iTunes movies/TVshows on Surface 2. The problem is how to realize? What do we need is just a iTunes conversion application. Pavtube ChewTune is highly recommended. Which is powerful in dealing with iTunes movies, TV shows. Besides, it also can handle digital copy movie, like amazon WMV digital copies, Blu-ray digital copy files.

Here is my own experience to convert iTunes movies to Surface 2 via ChewTune (the best iTunes to Surface 2 converter), for your reference:

Step 1. Set up iTunes.
Open iTunes, switch to “Movies” under LIBRARY. Select the movies you’d like to convert, right click and select “Get Info”. In the “Multiple Item Information” window, switch to “Options” tab, find “Remember position” and select “No” from its drop-down list. Click “OK”.

Step 2. Install ChewTune.
Free download and install this iTunes movies converter on your computer. After that, you’d better also install the Patch to get Surface 2 preset.

Step 3. Add iTunes movies.

chewtune-steps.png

Step 3. Select Surface 2 preset.

Click on “Format” bar, you can easily find the “Microsoft Surface Windows RT H.264 Video (*.mp4)” under “Windows” category.

microsoft-Surface-rt-preset.jpg

Step 4. Run the conversion.

Press on the big “Convert” button to start converting iTunes movies/TVshows for Surface 2.

Finally, just transfer the converted mp4 files to Surface 2. Hope this article is really useful for you to play iTunes videos on Microsoft Surface 2.