What's new

Sync Surface start page with Windows 8 start page?

adambravo

I thought--and I may have been mistaken--that logging in with the same ID on my desktop and my Surface would sync both pages (except, of course, for pinned programs from my desktop). However, that's not the case--no synced pinned pages, and no synced downloaded apps. And, yes, I do have Sync activated under Settings. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Adam

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You need to enable the Syncing under the PC Settings Control Panel, easy way is to do a swipe to bring up the Charms Menu....Select the Settings Charm and at the bottom click on Change PC Settings, from there, Sync Your Settings. Keep in mind that you need to log into your Microsoft Account Settings Page from IE to make the machine trusted.

wilbur4321

I thought--and I may have been mistaken--that logging in with the same ID on my desktop and my Surface would sync both pages (except, of course, for pinned programs from my desktop). However, that's not the case--no synced pinned pages, and no synced downloaded apps. And, yes, I do have Sync activated under Settings. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Adam

Downloaded apps, and the layout of the start page, do not sync. You can get a list of apps that you've downloaded from the Store app (swipe down from the top to see choices). I suspect this is on purpose, as you may very well want different apps on different systems for a variety of reasons.

Pinned pages should be syncing, however. I would agree with the other response on the settings to check.

--randy

Sent from Boards for Windows on Windows 8

bulls96

Don't think you can sync the order of the tiles. Hope I am incorrect.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express