What's new

System Firmware Update 2014-11-18 re-updated?

PCAnyWhere

Hey all, I had a "new" update require a restart and when I looked at history it was the "System Firmware Update - 2014-11-18" update, dated 2014-12-28 as the successful install date.

However I was fairly certain that this must have been applied earlier and when I scanned further down the list of updates I found that it was originally installed on 2014-11-28; which was the day I purchased my SP3.

Both show "Succeeded" for their status

Anyone experience this or was there some trigger that forced the update back to my SP3?

bluegrass

Yes. That's not too uncommon. I've had it occur several times on various updates. I think it's just one of the mysteries of the Internet.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This can happen if you are not using the Surface Video Driver, did you update your Intel Driver using the Reference Driver?

OP
PCAnyWhere

PCAnyWhere

I did not install any new drivers that I am aware of. I was messing with the power options as I experienced an overnight sleep that drained my battery. Adjusting levels etc.

I do recall "reset to default" for my power option

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The other flag is the Type Cover, if the update was applied with the Cover off, and then checks for Updates while the Cover is own it will apply the Update again to get those update applied (this can also apply to the Dock).