What's new

System Hardware Update 1/27/2015

Pepper

I'll just say like I did in another thread that I'd be very hesitant to edit the registry in a beta. Could easily mess up getting future builds.
I could not care less about getting future builds. Automatically, that is. I already edited my registry to restore WU to its normal behavior. When a new build is available, I will download the ISO and run setup at my convenience.

That said, my experience is that this particular update has been offered and installed successfully three times so far.

I also get the 1/27/2015 hardware update to install successfully but it comes back on a daily basis, sometimes multiple times a day... as did the 1/22/2015 hardware up date. The Intel update for the HD5000 continues to fail though.

I've even experienced issues when the system restarts after the updates where it takes forever on the 'Restart' screen, then the BSOD come up repeatedly before the system goes into diagnosis mode at which point I am able to restart the device.
I have been experiencing this ever since I installed the W10 Tech Preview :( I guess it comes with the territory.

GTiceman

I also get the 1/27/2015 hardware update to install successfully but it comes back on a daily basis, sometimes multiple times a day... as did the 1/22/2015 hardware up date. The Intel update for the HD5000 continues to fail though.

I've even experienced issues when the system restarts after the updates where it takes forever on the 'Restart' screen, then the BSOD come up repeatedly before the system goes into diagnosis mode at which point I am able to restart the device.
I have been experiencing this ever since I installed the W10 Tech Preview :( I guess it comes with the territory.

I did a complete wipe of my SP3 yesterday, all partitions and installed W10TP and it is solid as a rock.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So do you just copy the downloaded W10P ISO file to a thumb drive and set the UFEI to boot from the USB thumb drive?
Use a Flash Drive formatted FAT32 at least 4GB, I used 8GB. Download the ISO and mount it.....then from an Elevated CMD Prompt run this command (Virtual Optical Drive = "F" and Flash Drive = "E" - substitute you actual drive letters into command):

xcopy f:\*.* /e/f/s e:

Let that copy all the contents of the ISO to the drive. Then from Recovery - Advanced Startup - Restart - Chose Boot from USB then install fresh.....

OP
wynand32

wynand32

My process was much simpler: 16GB (at least 8GB) thumb drive formatted as FAT32. Mount the ISO using Windows Explorer and copy the files to the thumb drive. Boot with the thumb drive and install.

I didn't find a need for any special copying of any kind.

GTiceman

My process was much simpler: 16GB (at least 8GB) thumb drive formatted as FAT32. Mount the ISO using Windows Explorer and copy the files to the thumb drive. Boot with the thumb drive and install.

I didn't find a need for any special copying of any kind.

Thats what I did