What's new

Taking notes

YoyoRagamuffin

I noticed that when I write on documents that were scanned with Office Lens and uploaded to Onenote 2013 my writing does not stick to the image.

In a few words, if I move the image or resize it, my notes do not move along with the image and remain exactly were they were at the beginning.

Is there anything that I am missing here? Why does that happen? Is there anything that I could do in order to glue my notes to the document so that if I need to reposition it my notes continue to make sense?

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Ink is separate layer to any other object in OneNote...this can be frustrating but it also offers more flexibility.

OP
Y

YoyoRagamuffin

In what sense more flexibility? Is there any guides that illustrates how writing on the Surface 3 actually works? That would be useful to many. I could only find sparse ideas.

Tsurgaya: don't see any

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
If my notes have to be on the same layer as an image then i do this in drawboard and flatten it, then import to my onenote notebook when done. Not ideal, but a workarond.

Onenote really should have a flatten option.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It done this way to allow you to insert additional space, when you are inking notes in meetings you may return to a topic so being able to insert space between becomes very advantageous, it also allows for you to easily move ink around....

It is designed to be a very flexible digital canvass, Journal is a much more traditional note taking app as well as other in the Store like Bamboo Notes or Paper, but known are going to offer the power of OneNote.