What's new

testing new SP4

Yillbs

You are assuming the Samsung tablet will be flawed. Obviously you have a problem that I can afford to buy another with my own money.

You are once again missing the entire literacy understanding, use common sense please, the problem you said ISNT hardware, and now it's NOT software, so then, what it is ? you can't just keep saying " I never said ", implying something is the same as saying it. I could care less what you purchase, I have no problem with people who earn a good living, and are able to buy fun, exciting gadgets, and toys, I do it myself. I Do however have a problem is irrational understanding of basic common sense, which seems to be a problem with you.
you've now said " I never said it was hardware related ", and now you're saying " I assume the samsung tablet will be flawed " , which IMPLIES, it can't be software related to the operating system, or the drives for the operating system, or it would 100% be flawed. Which leads back to this being a hardware problem, one that you said " i never said " , and I'd hope not, because you also said " if they don't fix ", and obviously you can't " fix " a hardware problem with " updates ". So now you've basically just tried to rationalize something that makes zero sense. In fact, you've likely confused yourself. I know it's easy to say things like " it's my money " , " your just mad because I can afford it ", etc, whatever it is to make yourself sound like you're dismissing me. However, i'll try to say it again for you in a different way, money isn't a factor, literacy is. In order to better understand society, and the people within it, we have to understand the way they think. As a network engineer in the tech field, I pride myself on being able to say I understand basic common sense, and understand why others do the things they do. I'm simply trying to understand the logic behind your statements. Rather than help, you're resorting to the easy way of " It's my money ", or " i'm not going to dignify that with an answer, because you likely hurt my feelings ".

dcoplien

You are once again missing the entire literacy understanding, use common sense please, the problem you said ISNT hardware, and now it's NOT software, so then, what it is ? you can't just keep saying " I never said ", implying something is the same as saying it. I could care less what you purchase, I have no problem with people who earn a good living, and are able to buy fun, exciting gadgets, and toys, I do it myself. I Do however have a problem is irrational understanding of basic common sense, which seems to be a problem with you.
you've now said " I never said it was hardware related ", and now you're saying " I assume the samsung tablet will be flawed " , which IMPLIES, it can't be software related to the operating system, or the drives for the operating system, or it would 100% be flawed. Which leads back to this being a hardware problem, one that you said " i never said " , and I'd hope not, because you also said " if they don't fix ", and obviously you can't " fix " a hardware problem with " updates ". So now you've basically just tried to rationalize something that makes zero sense. In fact, you've likely confused yourself. I know it's easy to say things like " it's my money " , " your just mad because I can afford it ", etc, whatever it is to make yourself sound like you're dismissing me. However, i'll try to say it again for you in a different way, money isn't a factor, literacy is. In order to better understand society, and the people within it, we have to understand the way they think. As a network engineer in the tech field, I pride myself on being able to say I understand basic common sense, and understand why others do the things they do. I'm simply trying to understand the logic behind your statements. Rather than help, you're resorting to the easy way of " It's my money ", or " i'm not going to dignify that with an answer, because you likely hurt my feelings ".
Mr SP3user, you are reading more into what I said than I did and then stating it as fact. I think you should take a chill pill and maybe buy an SP4 if you want to actually post about them.

Yillbs

Mr SP3user, you are reading more into what I said than I did and then stating it as fact. I think you should take a chill pill and maybe buy an SP4 if you want to actually post about them.

I have one, my user info says sp3 beacuse I also have an sp3, and i can't have both! Noted though!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
just got an i5 128GB SP4, its all updated from windows update

since i've been reading people having issues, is there some tests to do to check if my new device has any problems ?
So what is the Lot # of your Surface? Lot numbers are on the box and if it was recently made it should start with 16 and the last two digits couldn't be higher than 07.

leeshor

This thread is going sideways and on the verge of being closed.

Stop talking about each other and start addressing the issues.

On a side note, if you don't want to see some of the same issues on a different tablet/laptop buy one with a 4th or 5th gen processor.

Plantje

just got an i5 128GB SP4, its all updated from windows update

since i've been reading people having issues, is there some tests to do to check if my new device has any problems ?
I see where you're coming from. On the forum you can see quite some people mentioning issues with their S3, SP3, SP4 or Surface Book. Keep in mind though that people tend to post on a forum when they have issues, not when everything is running smooth.

When testing your new device be sure to test all possible devices. Check the camera, microphone, headphones, light sensor, bluetooth, WiFi, all ports that the device has. Check for dead pixels. Check all buttons. Actually just the regular stuff. Just be sure you don't forget to check stuff that you don't use on a daily basis. You may hardly ever use the camera, but it would be disappointing to see the camera not working the first time you want to test Skype. Come to think of it: I have only tested one camera on my S3 :)

And most of all: enjoy the device!