What's new

TH2 Has Landed - aka Windows 10 November Update - it's being pushed out

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got TH2 on one of my machines and it's installing now. The others ... still waiting :)

Update Edit:
After TH2 installs Run Windows Update! There are updates including a Hardware Update!

Last edited:
OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some people are reporting troubles installing TH2 seems likely a download problem from the sounds of it. However, my installation went fine. Getting some casual use in, so far, so good. I only have split time today so... a thorough checkout won't happen till later.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Display Driver just crashed on SP4 core m #1.

Update Note: This occurred before the Update that gets applied *after* TH2 installs so it may or may not be relevant.

TH2 Display Crash.PNG

Last edited:
OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like the Update servers are overloaded ... one of my other machines picked up an update that is stuck on 8% downloaded and getting about 8kb once every minute or three. Windows 10 is lacking a cancel download option so ... maybe I'll try rebooting. Hmm, simple design vs more robust. ;)

Well, That was a bad Idea.... now it's Saying Getting Windows ready Don't turn off you computer ... for that update that wasn't downloaded... appears I'll be stuck here for hours unless I ignore the instruction and forcibly shutdown. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Downloaded before I could blink, however update then got stuck downloading a system update and would not go any further. Restarted the machine and update then gave me the option to install the updates. No issues there. Absolutely nothing on my s3 though, not th2, not anything. Havnt really noticed anything different yet.

1n0nlyJoe

Hey, My SP4 #2 also got a BOSD when it was starting to download and update. I tried to check the version and I have and it's the old build still. :(

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
SP4 #2 succeeded on the second try to install TH2. I was just monitoring it's progress after First Boot with all the maint tasks like indexing and such when the TouchScreen stopped responding and the Pen as well stopped responding. This is the same as it was before TH2... The Keyboard and trackpad are still working. Another display driver crash is only a moment away. ;)

leeshor

Just opened up another NEW SP4, (for someone else), and applying the upgrade as I write this. My SP4 didn't see it last I checked. Will report back.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
After TH2 installs Run Windows Update! There are updates including a Hardware Update!

Last edited:

DaSchnee

Well, update went fine but now Windows on my Sp3 says it's not activated anymore. Apparently my key, which worked fine before, is an enterprise key:rolleyes: