What's new

TH2 Has Landed - aka Windows 10 November Update - it's being pushed out

khangozzy

My S3 TH2 update stuck, as it does not show up in WU, so I tried with MCT to upgrade from current 10240 build. Download went fine then it stuck at 40%. Forced shutdown and reboot, it restore back to 10240. Tried one more time with MCT and same result. Anyone have same issue, maybe I should try clean install with ISO.
uploadfromtaptalk1447459530647.JPG

olimjj

My S3 TH2 update stuck, as it does not show up in WU, so I tried with MCT to upgrade from current 10240 build. Download went fine then it stuck at 40%. Forced shutdown and reboot, it restore back to 10240. Tried one more time with MCT and same result. Anyone have same issue, maybe I should try clean install with ISO. View attachment 7242
Let it sit there even if it takes overnight to complete. It will eventually complete. I have had the same experience on one of my machines. Went to bed and the next morning it was done.

EDIT: Took over 10 hrs. to complete. SD card was not removed prior to upgrade process.

Last edited:

khangozzy

Let it sit there even if it takes overnight to complete. It will eventually complete. I have had the same experience on one of my machines. Went to bed and the next morning it was done.
In the 2nd try, it stucked since 3am untill now is 9am.
I found this
http://m.windowscentral.com/how-prevent-windows-10-november-update-getting-stuck

I have SD card inserted while doing upgrade, will remove it and try again.

Edit: confirmed this tip worked when removed sd card.

Last edited:

Zippy0n

Khangozzy mine stuck exactly at 40%/23% too and I had the sd card still in will try that again without the card

ScottyS

Mine upgraded fine with mSD card.
Win10 1511 must have a smaller footprint. I lost 6GB HD space, but my Windows.old folder (which had been pruned down to just a few hundred MB a while after the upgrade to Win 10) is not 16.3GB. So that makes Win 10 1511 about 10GB than in my last install.