What's new

The best Tablet

ctitanic

Capture.PNG

A positive note. :p In ink :in love:

scfoster

I hate to agree but I agree.

The Macbook Air is very long in the tooth with no real significant upgrades in a loooooong time.

What amazes me is that they own/control a lot of the pen patents and have a significant jumping off point with the iPad.

If they offered an iPad format with full OSX it would be game over for me personally. But they don't seem to get or care about that market segment.

I dumped the iPhone a while back when they stopped innovating that platform as well.

double07

I agreed with full OSX tablet. That would be really nice. As of now, Surface Pro 3 is the best tablet/ultra notebook you can get. I cam from iPad Air and multiple Galaxy Note including Note Pro 12. They are nice, but I think Surface Pro(first gen) outperform all those. Now, SP3 is really really nice. If Apple decides to release iPad Pro 12/13 with full OSX, I will swing back to Apple.

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

I agreed with full OSX tablet. That would be really nice. As of now, Surface Pro 3 is the best tablet/ultra notebook you can get. I cam from iPad Air and multiple Galaxy Note including Note Pro 12. They are nice, but I think Surface Pro(first gen) outperform all those. Now, SP3 is really really nice. If Apple decides to release iPad Pro 12/13 with full OSX, I will swing back to Apple.

I owned and used an iPad as my main home device for almost a year and a half and exchanged for a Surface RT that I later replace for a Surface 2 that I traded in now for a Surface Pro 3. I'll never go back to use an iPad as long that MS still making Surfaces.:cool2:

double07

I am pretty much Mac OSX shop. Only use Windows at work. Well, I use Mac at work that RDP to Win. No, I wouldn't go back to iPad with iOS. But if it is OSX, that is different story.

godson594

I don't play favorites - But from my experience

1. Apple/Macbook hardware has been better than my Surface experience
2. I HATE OSX but I have had way less driver issues and firmware problems when compared to my SP2 and now my SP3 (Wifi nonsense)
3. I use an iPad in bed and have had zero problems with ipads since gen1 - this is a gen4

With that being said, I think that in a couple years a Surface Pro will have hopefully matured to the point where they get all the quirks out, I feel like they need a better QA Manager or QA team. I know sometimes (hmm a lot of times) QA teams find problems but the management says they are livable and it's okay to ship...

I love the form factor and weight of my SP3 for sure. As long as it stays stable and software improves it will be a winner.