What's new

The first TV ad for Windows 10

Kris

Sorry but that was lame... They need to pick up their game, or they just going to rely on the free upgrade to get them by.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Kris fully agree. Pathetic advert imo. The ad almost seems to suggest that there is nothing new or important about win 10 other than little gimmicks like logging in with a pin or having Cortana tell you a joke.

Maybe they need to be focusing on selling the OS for what it is, a change in direction from windows 8.1. They really need to highlight to the customer how this is NOT going to be the next 8.1 and how they listened to feedback etc.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I like it. Been needing a different marketing approach. This advert is more like an Apple pitch, less geeky, more human, and describing the culture and benefits of the technology more than the machinery.

kundas1

sorry I agree with the first 2 posters, that was really REALLY lame! it reminds me of those commercials for the SP1-2 where you have these people dancing and stuff and not showing off what the SP can do! they need to get more geeky and techno because that's what we wanna see... don't get me wrong the commercial was cute and the kids were cute but it shows me NOTHING what win 10 can do... again MS's marketing team has failed again! good gawd they gotta get better marketing teams or firms or whatever!