What's new

The Good? The Bad? The Ugly?

revmike

It's good to hear that someone else uses a surface to preach from. I use my sp2. My sermons are created in word, but I save them in PDF format and use adobe to view them.

OP
B

brocharlieb

Revmike, I just stay in msw and use the read view. that gives me the ability to swipe from page to page, and if I want to edit my message I just switch back to the edit view. One of my favorite advantages of this device over the iPad is read view (and of course msw).

macster

Kinda deciding on this now myself Surface 2>Surface? The wife just purchased a S3 yesterday and while it is good for her. I dunno if it is the one for my needs. I'm a bible class teacher very heavy into Word and PPT and with a need to quickly pull up references and display them on screen.

M~

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kinda deciding on this now myself Surface 2>Surface? The wife just purchased a S3 yesterday and while it is good for her. I dunno if it is the one for my needs. I'm a bible class teacher very heavy into Word and PPT and with a need to quickly pull up references and display them on screen.

M~
So you are using a Surface 2 now???
Quickly is a relative term but some facts compared to Surface 2
Surface 3:
CPU is faster,
GPU is faster,
Memory access is faster,
Disk access is faster,
Wireless networking is faster which means Internet access is faster up to the limits of your ISP connection.

None of these are faster than SP3 although Wireless speed is equal.
I a world where YMMV, in this respect with all things being equal Your Mileage Will Not Vary. S2 is slower than S3 and S3 is slower than SP3.

macster

It's all about needs. My needs are simply more than the S3 can manage. My S2 is wonderful and it suffices for now, but after spending time with SP3 i5 and the S3 yesterday, its clear what I would be happy with. But since the S2 works for now I'm in no rush. I am going to wait for the S4P* and see what it brings to the table.

For my wife the S3 simply rocks, she has installed her client management software, and her "apps" and the little S3 just sails along. It will replace an Verizon android tablet, a Asus netbook, a Dell laptop and a Iconia Tab W500.

M~