What's new

The Grass isn't always Greener

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope it sure isn't

http://www.zdnet.com/article/five-months-on-and-ios-8-still-riddled-with-show-stopping-bugs/

Five months on from the release of iOS 8, and following six rounds of bugfixes, Apple's flagship mobile platform that powers almost three out of four iPhone and iPads is still riddled with bugs.

I'm just going to come out and say it - this is a mess...

These are bugs relating to core systems such as Wi-Fi, cellular connectivity, Bluetooth, and stability and performance.

These are show-stopping bugs. These are bugs that quite frankly should have been sorted before iOS 8 was released, and definitely should have been pinned down after the first couple of updates.

But they aren't.

Here are some of the show-stopping bugs still affecting iOS 8 users

• Dropped Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Bluetooth issues
  • No cellular data connection
  • Battery issues
  • App problems

OH MY! :)

Last edited:

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I say, "Oh my" :(

I don't like to feel happy about users experiencing the problems above, or a company having trouble. Instead, if all these items worked perfectly, other companies would have a higher hurdle to clear, and we would all then be: :).

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I say, "Oh my" :(

I don't like to feel happy about users experiencing the problems above, or a company having trouble. Instead, if all these items worked perfectly, other companies would have a higher hurdle to clear, and we would all then be: :).
I didn't mean it that way or as a gleeful stick in the eye nor am I suggesting we should revel in their misery or even that misery loves company. Just as reminder if we get feeling down or the routine of the day seems too much at times that the grass is not necessarily tastier over there and don't let anyone tell you different.

I quit a job once and the first thing someone asked me was something about the old song, Take This Job and Shove it.
My response was that it had never occurred to me... but if I was to put it to music it would be, The Gambler: You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run.

Know your surroundings. :)

From an old Get Fuzzy Cartoon: Cat and Dog main characters.
Cat and dog walking down sidewalk:
Cat: Hold up poochy im going to eat this thingy here.
Dog: No, no, no. I smelled that, it's not for eating. You eat that you get sick.
Cat: How do you know that?
Dog: Been there, ate that; and that cat throwing up over there confirms it. Be aware of your surroundings.
Cat: Man you're like a genius!
Dog: See, this is the stuff you ROLL in.​

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Worst Industrial Accidents, Disasters, Near Misses, or Ideas Abandoned:

WD-39
Mad Dog 19/20
6Up
Ford Galaxy 499
1999 Flushes
Datsun 279 Y
Datsun 280 Z
*datsun*
Six Seas Salad Dressing
Alberto V-04
Formula 408
Heinz 56 Sauce
Windows 9
icon_tongue.gif

CrippsCorner

Never had any problems here! Apart from an annoying keyboard glitch... I must be one of the lucky ones. I think all these reports are slightly out of touch from reality; I never had a problem with Vista either.