What's new

The i5 , i7 or the Broadwell

Seneleron

Ok, so you can wait another year for for another hour or so of battery life, and another 20% alleged performance bump for. . what: web surfing? Office? [assuming broadwell and broadwell-M have the equal performance gains, and I've seen hints that broadwell-M may actually be a performance HIT]

as for i5 or i7, I CANNOT see spending $2,000 for a tablet. . unless the thing has an integrated 580m and stays at 40c under full load P95/3dmark... but that's just me.

kevinlevrone

I dont see broadwell coming to the sp3. It would make no sense for MS to release the chips on a 6 month old platform to immediately release an SP4 with virtually identical hardware. It would canabalize sales from their new flagship.

Did anyone see the SP3 coming 6 months after the SP2 ?

Seneleron

It's NOT just a tablet

I'm afraid you are wrong, sir. It is a piece of hardware built in a tablet form factor, which means it is a one piece unit that has all the internals tucked behind the screen [as opposed to a notebook computer or a desktop].

The O/S and the type cover attachment do not modify the hardware form factor of the unit, I'm sorry. The type cover doesn't count because it's not permanently welded to the . . TABLET [which would make it an ultrabook]

Because it has a full version of windows and a usable keyboard attachment, it can perform many tasks that conventional android or IOS tablets cannot, but again. . does not change the hardware form factor.

<not helpful - Mod>

Last edited by a moderator:

CrippsCorner

I see both sides of the argument here. Physically, of course it is a tablet, no two ways about it. But it is also not just a tablet as people tend to think of a tablet like the iPad (or Android equivalent) as being a bigger phone and not for real work. Whereas the Surface is...