What's new

The Inexplicable Choices of MS...

Arizona Willie

If I understood the video correctly, they did give us the ability to lock a tile down so it won't move from where we put it.

I HOPE.

Nuspieds

I didn't DO anything. I just did it itself as I've added programs over time. That's why I was puzzled ... I had never seen those letters like on the OP'S screenshot. I'm not seeing anything like the behavior you mention. They are sorted alphabetically and then also broken out into program groups like for OFFICE 365.
Hold on...the screenshot you provided above, how did you get to it? Was it by swiping up from bottom to top while on your Start screen and then selecting "All apps" at the bottom?

Arizona Willie

Well, actually, I think I just sorta touched the bottom of the screen. Don't think I actually swiped. But then I see the little < all apps > icon and click it and that's what I get.

Hold on...the screenshot you provided above, how did you get to it? Was it by swiping up from bottom to top while on your Start screen and then selecting "All apps" at the bottom?

Nuspieds

Well, actually, I think I just sorta touched the bottom of the screen. Don't think I actually swiped. But then I see the little < all apps > icon and click it and that's what I get.
That certainly leaves me puzzled because you definitely should be seeing the index by each letter.