What's new

The Kickstand is GREAT, however.......

jds4300

I would love to have a TPU case to cover the entire rear and sides of my Surface 3. The demand for a TPU case must not be there. There are certainly none on the market, at least none on eBay or Amazon.

LouCap

I really don't mind the keyboard case. But, that being said, after a week I already managed to scratch the back of my Surface, and I have NO idea how.

OP
jds4300

jds4300

Don't get me wrong. The kickstand is a great idea, I like it. I like it a lot. I just wish I had the option to add a fully protective TPU cover for those times when I don't want the kickstand and want more protective coverage over the rear and sides of the device. I'd bet such a cover would sell really well. I am a former iPad user and I owned multiple TPU cases that covered the iPad. Surface 3 plus TPU protection plus sleeve/pouch = AWESOMENESS.

footballer96

Don't get me wrong. The kickstand is a great idea, I like it. I like it a lot. I just wish I had the option to add a fully protective TPU cover for those times when I don't want the kickstand and want more protective coverage over the rear and sides of the device. I'd bet such a cover would sell really well. I am a former iPad user and I owned multiple TPU cases that covered the iPad. Surface 3 plus TPU protection plus sleeve/pouch = AWESOMENESS.
Do you have a cover for it? I have the Targus one, and it is pretty good, wish it had a place for the pen though. A place for the pen would be a very good idea.

gammanone

I have the UAG case for the S3 and love it, space for the pen etc... http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/products/surface-3-case-red
I agree that the kickstand is great but just wish there was a case that offered full protection while providing the ability to utilise it. It seems such a shame that all of the design that went into the kickstand is wasted once a case is put on the surface, the kickstand in the UAG case is good and it works well but its nowhere near as smooth as the stand built into the s3. However to me protection is more important.
I did find a case that offered the ability to use the kickstand but didnt like how it was attached to the stand, I can't find that case now but it was 2 pieces with one that went on the stand which didn't seem to be attached firmly.
This case here looks ok http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-Feath...id=1433381730&sr=8-20&keywords=surface+3+case but when using the kickstand the bottom half of the device is bare.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I am well protected with Urban Armor Gear Rogue. My kickstand only comes out on special occasions.

image.jpg

image.jpg

gammanone

those pics posted above are a Surface Pro, the S3 looks better in the UAG case imo but its still a rugged look

OP
jds4300

jds4300

I'm really excited about the Incipio Feather and Incipio Feather Hybrid. Just ran across them today on Amazon. BOTH will suit my needs. However, the Incipio Feather Hybrid is the clear winner and I will order it as soon as it becomes available.

Last edited:

gammanone

Damn, the hybrid looks great. I wish I waited now however I wanted protection for my s3 sooner rather than later.
Also those cases ship in 1 to 4 months according to amazon.

OP
jds4300

jds4300

Not surprisingly, I couldn't afford to wait for the Hybrid either. I drove over to Best Buy to check out the UAG case for my Surface 3. Long story short, SOLD! It looks great, fits PERFECTLY and includes a perfectly fitting slot atop the case to secure the Surface Pen. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE UAG CASE. The case is very solid, the built in kickstand is aluminum and multi position, ample openings around all ports. This is a very well made case. FIVE STARS BABY!

PS My UAG is not the Rogue as pictured above. There is a built in Surface Pen holder atop the case, not on the side. $69.99 at Best Buy.

Last edited: