What's new

The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is the Gadget of the Year

mitchellvii

I love my Surface Pro 3 but still would prefer the Yoga 3 Pro style if Lenovo weren't IDIOTS about not including a stylus. I'd just rather have the guts under the keyboard and a super thin screen. Why is it no one will create THIS device with stylus support?

Yoga Style
qHD Screen
Active Digitizer
3:2 Aspect Ratio
Under 2.5 Lbs
M Processor with Passive Cooling

If I ran a hardware company THIS is the computer I would build and then sell the hell out of it because it would be SO awesome.

That being said, on the current field, SP3 is the best athlete although flawed.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love my Surface Pro 3 but still would prefer the Yoga 3 Pro style if Lenovo weren't IDIOTS about not including a stylus. I'd just rather have the guts under the keyboard and a super thin screen. Why is it no one will create THIS device with stylus support?

Yoga Style
qHD Screen
Active Digitizer
Under 2.5 Lbs

If I ran a hardware company THIS is the computer I would build and then sell the hell out of it because it would be SO awesome.

I agree that sounds like an excellent device but for me anyway being able to completely remove the bulk of the keyboard when in tablet mode is really a big plus. I actually use the sp3 keyboard far less than I thought I would so for me anyway the design hits the nail on the head. Yoga is a good device but with "proper" keyboard it will always be less good as a tablet.

nipponham

The ideology of SP3 being a machine that can be both a tablet and a laptop is what many users subscribed to and MS actualizing that perhaps makes it worthy to be considered "gadget of the year". However, there has just been too many bugs in the execution, and QC needs to be addressed before it can legitimately pick up the mantle.

strollin

I agree that sounds like an excellent device but for me anyway being able to completely remove the bulk of the keyboard when in tablet mode is really a big plus. I actually use the sp3 keyboard far less than I thought I would so for me anyway the design hits the nail on the head. Yoga is a good device but with "proper" keyboard it will always be less good as a tablet.
I also use the keyboard less than I thought I would so I prefer being able to remove it when not needed.

The ideology of SP3 being a machine that can be both a tablet and a laptop is what many users subscribed to and MS actualizing that perhaps makes it worthy to be considered "gadget of the year". However, there has just been too many bugs in the execution, and QC needs to be addressed before it can legitimately pick up the mantle.
I have read of the problems others have encountered with their SP3's but I purchased mine on the first day they went on sale and it has been great for me. I guess I am just lucky that I got a good one.

RémiM

Yoga Style
qHD Screen
Active Digitizer
Under 2.5 Lbs

Well, I think that Lenovo totally missed the target with the Yoga 3 Pro. IMO, there is nothing good in this product: bad performance, bad battery life, bad graphic capabilities, bad keyboard, very big bezels, not a tablet and not even a real computer, device looks weird (watch band joint very debatable -- looks like a cheap toy), it does have a fan, it does get warm and it actually does throttle. Hum. Let me take my breath.
The real magic of this Yoga 3 pro is how far Lenovo pushed the non-sense: Broadwell U won't fit in the chassis. Boom. Very well done guys.
It's between a chromebook and a cheap ultrabook and it's priced like an expensive ultrabook --> SP3 and MacBook Air are still far ahead.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also use the keyboard less than I thought I would so I prefer being able to remove it when not needed.

I have read of the problems others have encountered with their SP3's but I purchased mine on the first day they went on sale and it has been great for me. I guess I am just lucky that I got a good one.
Me too. 100% happy and would purchase again in a heartbeat.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have to say probably one of my best purchases ever. Was a little hesitant about spending that much money when i could had the option of a 9 series samsung ultrabook for less than half the price of the i5/128gb but having used it for a few months, would buy again and again.

TunaSurface

Even the Surface Pro is something I wouldn't change for anything other than a surface pro.
I've had this for a year now and still I just stare at it in awe.
It does everything I need it to do, and that's something.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have to say probably one of my best purchases ever. Was a little hesitant about spending that much money when i could had the option of a 9 series samsung ultrabook for less than half the price of the i5/128gb but having used it for a few months, would buy again and again.
You can say that again. :)