What's new

The most popular Surface

ctitanic

The Surface Pro 3 is the most popular Surface so far released. How do I know that?

Capture.JPG

Check the above picture, in a shorter period of time this device is almost reaching more participation in this forum than all the previous versions.

mitchellvii

Actually I think the SP4 will be the one where they finally perfect his device but SP3 is worlds better than SP2 and pretty damned good.

grumpy

I personally think that the SP2 is a better device. But those who are easily distracted by shiny objects seem to like the SP3...:p:p:p

raqball

I was never interested in the SP2 and if the SP3 still had a smaller screen I would have never considered it either..

For me the 12" screen was the smallest size I would consider for a PC.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was never interested in the SP2 and if the SP3 still had a smaller screen I would have never considered it either..

For me the 12" screen was the smallest size I would consider for a PC.

Ditto - for my needs/use the form factor of the SP3 is the clincher. I wouldn't have even considered paying that much money for an SP2, even though I was impressed when I had a play with one in a store.

SP3 has the appeal right, even people at my workplace are discussing it, they'd never even heard of the surface before the SP3.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
IMO they should go forth with both 12 and 10.6 although they must slim it down and go to 16:10 over 16:9. This is all dependent on achieving enough sales to be self sufficient at some point in 3yrs.

If you look at the Intel processor line, even within the i5 only, I don't see them ever eliminating processors that will use more power than what can be fit into a tablet form factor, not even a bulky over sized one. I think its time to let the saucer eyes admit reality even if marketing continues to dangle white unicorns before us. Can you replace your laptop??? Do you mean one that is 4 years old and is due for replacement, absolutely! Do you mean, instead of the latest model on a performance only basis, notwithstanding other considerations of flexibility and weight? Replacing every model year over year has never been a realistic service model in this industry.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly Greyfox, the surface pro would easily replace my desktop from a 8-10 years ago, and my laptop from 4 years ago but couldn't directly replace my current desktop not by a mile, though it coudl do most of the work it wouldn't' do it as well. In a year or two the spec of the surface might catch up to my current desktop but then contemporary desktops will be that much further on, it all depends what your needs are though, if your needs aren't great enough to require the most power then there will be plenty of people for whom a SP3 could replace their laptop, old desktop (with dock) and tablet. Leaving space for a smaller form factor such as a smartphone or 7" tablet for stuffing in a pocket or small handbag.

raqball

For my use, which is home only use, the Sp3 has easily replaced my retina MacBook Pro.

I find the i5 to be overkill at times for my use and I am really liking the form factor of the Sp3..

mohcho

Like you both have said, it depends on your use case.

The SP3 outperformed my previous work laptop which was an i5 with 8GB of ram in terms of speed and battery life. It was a Latitude E5420, so it was a Sandy Bridge i5 but the battery life sucked on it, and I could barely get 2.5 hours out of it, even with a new replacement battery.

The SP3 resolved the issues I had with the SP2, with a screen that was too small to use comfortably and the weight.