What's new

The Mouse I Always Have With Me - Under 2 Dollars - iPhone As My Mouse for Surface

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I don't always have my mouse around to use with my Surface Pro 3. But my iPhone is usually handy.
As long as I am connected to WiFi, I use my iPhone as my mouse. The little green icon in the notification bar tells me that my most handy mouse is ready. My iPhone is also my mouse.

Check out the description at Mobile Mouse (Remote/Mouse/Trackpad/Keyboard)

The features are rich and the interface is brilliant.
Use it with Windows or OS X
Makes sense for a tablet.
Makes sense with a Microsoft Surface device.

Life is good.

(Pictures a few posts later...)

Screenshot (96).png

Last edited:

rabilancia

How about "Mouse without borders?"
Download Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders from Official Microsoft Download Center
coupled with the Windows Phone app:

Capture.JPG

Mouse Without Borders | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Not only can I control my Surface Pro from my Windows Phone, when my Surface Pro is docked/positioned next to my Windows 8.1 desktop & monitors I can use both my desktop keyboard and mouse seamlessly to control my Surface Pro. No keystrokes are required, just move the mouse cursor to the right display.

Korlon

I don't always have my mouse around to use with my Surface Pro 2. But my iPhone is usually handy.
As long as I am connected to WiFi, I use my iPhone as my mouse. The little green icon in the notification bar tells me that my most handy mouse is ready. My iPhone is also my mouse.

SACRILEGE! ! ! :)

CrippsCorner

That's nice, I've used something similar in the past. Do you have a screenshot of what it looks like on your iPhone?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
That's nice, I've used something similar in the past. Do you have a screenshot of what it looks like on your iPhone?

Here are screenshots of the iPhone mouse I discussed in the OP. These were taken while connected to my Surface Pro 2.
The first picture is the initial, default mouse screen. Plenty of space for gestures like pinching, two-finger scroll, etc. Bottom center arrows are for scrolling, and the right-click is at the bottom-right.

All screens have plenty of space for mousing around - more space than just about any trackpad available. There are special screens (pages) for media play, keyboarding, Function keys, etc. One screen can be configured with eight special functions, as you desire. Buttons are provided to AirPlay and print.

Also, note that items from the Desktop Tray are also included as quick launch icons (these are the icons shown on my original post).
It is cool to see a Windows key on an iPhone.

iphoneMouse1.PNG

iphoneMouse2.PNG

iphoneMouse3.PNG

iphoneMouse4.PNG

iphoneMouse5.PNG

iphoneMouse6.PNG

iPhoneMouse7.PNG

Last edited:
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot to mention - the WiFi connection can be the iPhone itself, using Personal Hotspot.
That's why I say, I always have this mouse with me.