What's new

The "Official" I got my Surface 3 thread

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
So..Jeff...honest opinion now!!!! Which one rocks your boat more - the SP3 or the S3???
IMO that depends on what kind a boat rockin you want. A gentile lake rockin boat or a speedy skiing boat. In either case it's not a perfect storm rockin boat. :)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So..Jeff...honest opinion now!!!! Which one rocks your boat more - the SP3 or the S3???
I love the size and weight of the S3, feels like the S2 but with a pen....I can see it becoming my daily mobile driver very quickly. The one thing that is surprising me the most is missing Windows 10 on it.... I've become very accustomed to it over the past few months, so now I'm debating on loading it on there this weekend. I can see a role for both but we'll see....

ctitanic

I love the size and weight of the S3, feels like the S2 but with a pen....I can see it becoming my daily mobile driver very quickly. The one thing that is surprising me the most is missing Windows 10 on it.... I've become very accustomed to it over the past few months, so now I'm debating on loading it on there this weekend. I can see a role for both but we'll see....
I also love the S3 form factor more. Also it works cooler and it's less noisy.

But it's less powerful. I notice it slower in certain cases. But for 95% of the mortals this device is enough unless they want to play heavy games on it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I also love the S3 form factor more. Also it works cooler and it's less noisy.

But it's less powerful. I notice it slower in certain cases. But for 95% of the mortals this device is enough unless they want to play heavy games on it.
I've been using two SP3 's at the office so the S3 will replace on of them so I'll still have the power of the SP3 when needed.

Ok I have a very cool story about getting my S3. I tried placing my order for the $599 one (the one with 4 gig RAM) on Amazon. I tried adding money to my gift balance and for some reason, I could not get it to process the money. I kept trying and got quite frustrated. So I contacted an Amazon rep. She tried to help me, but this credit card that I was using, which works for everything else I've ordered online, would not work. She asked if I have another card. I told her that since my card works for everything else, I shouldn't have to use a different one.... and besides, I only had $525 on the only other card I had. She told me that if I wanted to use that card, she would cut the price on the Surface so that $525 would exactly pay for it. So I got the upper-tier Surface 3 for just a few dollars more than the usual cost of the $499 one.

kristalsoldier

I have been using both now and the roles that they seem to have settled into - the SP3 ends up being more of a laptop with infrequent tablet use. The S3 is my primary tablet - for note-taking, for annotating, for reading, and sometimes for browsing etc. My primary browsing device remains the SP3.

I think both devices - synced through MS services (for the most part) - complement each other very well and offer me a very good experience (won't bring my Win phone in here, but is also plays its part).

malberttoo

I think both devices - synced through MS services (for the most part) - complement each other very well and offer me a very good experience (won't bring my Win phone in here, but is also plays its part).

I was going to ask you about this- if you were using OneDrive, and how you felt that it complemented a good work flow between both devices?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have been using both now and the roles that they seem to have settled into - the SP3 ends up being more of a laptop with infrequent tablet use. The S3 is my primary tablet - for note-taking, for annotating, for reading, and sometimes for browsing etc. My primary browsing device remains the SP3.

That is how I plan to use them as well but the SP3 will be my go to machine if I want to travel with one device on business trips....
I was going to ask you about this- if you were using OneDrive, and how you felt that it complemented a good work flow between both devices?

OneDrive is the most important part of my workflow without it I'm sunk.I use it to sync across all of my devices.