What's new

The sp3 really is capable of everything

goodintentions

I have not touched either my laptop or my lenovo tablet. I know this sounds a little bit over the top, but how I would describe this device is it's a dream come true.

I've been working on an app for the department of transportation. I'm a programmer trapped in a structural engineer's body. I've been using this device to test out my app for the dept. of trans. and it works way better. Unlike a tablet, this machine is powerful enough to render very large plan files. And unlike a tablet, it easily allows an engineer to be interacting with it in the field using my app.

I am currently sitting on my bed while I type out this post. And indeed, I feel very comfortable typing on this on my lap.

Pity that not more people realize the potential of the sp3.

mtalinm

ditto here, plus my desktop (except once where I really needed 16G of memory).

i just tell people "it's a skinny computer" and then they get it.

kristalsoldier

Yeps...I'm in love with the SP3 too!!! It's pretty much replaced everything I used to use or has relegated them to being secondary devices!

ptrkhh

As a student, the SP3 could replace every single thing I carry in my bag apart from a bottle of water. If the SP4 could provide drinkable water, then I don't even need a bag anymore lol

(to be fair I still carry a notebook and pen just in case, but I dont really use it much anymore)

ScottyS

. . . this device is ... a dream come true. . .

I agree 100%. I have always dreamed of a PC running Windows that I could hold in my hand and take anywhere. I've had 3 Windows PocketPCs, but they were merely PDAs with a Windows look (sort of). I dreamed of getting an OQO, but they never really came to fruition.

The day I hooked up my Surface Pro i5/128/4GB to a Dell U2713H with a 9 port USB3 hub and a wireless keyboard and mouse was the day I gave away my Dell Studio 17" core i7 notebook to my step-son. Now I got my SP3 i7/256/8Gb (and he got my SP1) and it can do anything.

Mines great does everything my laptop did but now I got a tablet too , specially useful as I work offshore and its a lot easier to travel with

tuchas

company laptop has not been booted up since I received it last summer. Everything I do is on the SP3. And I have used it on my lap.

bluegrass

The comments on this thread is why the Surface 3 is gaining so much momentum. I think the Surface 4 + W10 is going to be a great product that is going really challenge Android & Apple computers. We are definitely seeing the end of desktops laptops as we know them today. Whenever Microsoft can get the prices competitive with Apple & Android, that will be cinch the deal.

kristalsoldier

The comments on this thread is why the Surface 3 is gaining so much momentum. I think the Surface 4 + W10 is going to be a great product that is going really challenge Android & Apple computers. We are definitely seeing the end of desktops laptops as we know them today. Whenever Microsoft can get the prices competitive with Apple & Android, that will be cinch the deal.

Heck! I think the SP3 +W10 will be a great combo!!!!