What's new

THE SURFACE PRO 2 GAMING THREAD PICTURES and VIDEOS

OP
H

hksrb25s14

How did you get this game to run on your pro? I keep getting error that 16:9 ratio not supported and then that I don't have enough video memory or ram. which is b.s. because the minimum requirement is 2gb of ram.

ill try compatibility mode and see if it helps.

the game is Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

Hey demandarin, did you try run as administration? That help me on most games with memory problems.

Ceepeebee

Guys....does anyone run CoreTemps whilst playing these games? I started playing Football Manager 2014 and my temps hit 80degrees in a matter of seconds. I'd imagine CoD:G and Crysis 3 would stress this similarly.

I join to share games Surface Pro 2:

Borderlands 2 Online:

[video=youtube;LaNyFgaIsYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaNyFgaIsYI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUgw9MIfGqn26GwBORu5jgHQ[/video]

Config:

Surface Pro 2 Energy Options = High performance

Resolution = 1024 X 768
Vertical Sync = No
Image frequency = unlimited
Anisotropic filter = No
Bullet holes = No
visual distance = close
quality textures = Medium
detail = low
ambient occlusion = No
depth of field = No
FXAA effect = No
visual distance = low
physx effect = low
Cast textures = yes

FPS :

FPS = 35 - 40 fps
Sttutering = Slightly
Energy Options = High performance

Experience = Playable

Last edited:

demandarin

Hey demandarin, did you try run as administration? That help me on most games with memory problems.

I actually got you mixed up..as there's the main guy on youtube who does all the gaming vide. I was think you were the 2nd guy with videos. Anyways I got it working with few file edits. Now my issue is getting it to run fast like guy in Video with his pro 1. The game for me runs in slow motion, in a sense, no matter the settings. But in the forums for that game, there are people with high end gaming rigs that still exriwnce slow motion. I think its the game not being optimized properly as theirs a petition out for that game for developers to patch bugs. But still amazes me seeing other guy on pro1 playing game and it moves fast/normally.

be77solo

Guys....does anyone run CoreTemps whilst playing these games? I started playing Football Manager 2014 and my temps hit 80degrees in a matter of seconds. I'd imagine CoD:G and Crysis 3 would stress this similarly.
That's normal... 80C isn't that hot in CPU or GPU standards. It will hit around 80C with boost and then start throttling to keep temps under control. Nothing to be concerned about and working like it should.

As a comparison, on my laptops over the years I regularly see 90+C depending on the situation without issue. They are designed to run this hot. Thermal design limit on a lot of these chips is 105C.

DarkVoid

[video=youtube;SG4Pu85rt7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG4Pu85rt7w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Config :

Resolution = 1280 X 720
Vsync = Off
Texture Quality = high
Quality model = high
Dynamic Shadows = Yes
Stickers = Yes
Physx = Off

FPS :

FPS = 55 - 60 fps constant
Sttutering = No

Experience = Perfect

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

[video=youtube;Rsv97BaQqUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsv97BaQqUg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Config :

Resolution = 1280 X 720
Vsync = Off
Framerate = Smooth
Antialiasing = None
Filtering = 16x
Model Quality = High
Stage Quality = High
Soft Shadow = High
Self Shadow = Low
Motion Blur = High
Particles = High
Extra Effect = INK

FPS :

FPS = 65 - 73 fps constant
Sttutering = No

Experience = Perfect

Last edited:

demandarin

Pachowandpoch: for starters, what is that controller looking thing attached to your surface to make it look like razor gaming tablet? Second, what is that interface you using that lets you choose all those games to play. Doesn't look like steam but I like it. Lol

CrippsCorner

That's actually insane dude, so cool! I've still not really opened up the potential of gaming on my Surface Pro (mainly thanks to Steam not working properly for me) but hey I have a PS4 on pre-order so who cares right?
starstruck.png

Ceepeebee

That's normal... 80C isn't that hot in CPU or GPU standards. It will hit around 80C with boost and then start throttling to keep temps under control. Nothing to be concerned about and working like it should.

As a comparison, on my laptops over the years I regularly see 90+C depending on the situation without issue. They are designed to run this hot. Thermal design limit on a lot of these chips is 105C.

I disagree a little. Yes chips are designed to be 'able' to run that hot but there is a reason that air and the water cooling in laptops and desktop PCs respectively has been standard for so long. I have a I5-3570k and if that ever hit 80degrees under load I'd be a tad worried.

Plus Haswell is designed to be more energy efficient due to lower voltage so this temperature is doubly worrying.

Lost Planet 3

[video=youtube;DvzDEc8WtYU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvzDEc8WtYU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUgw9MIfGqn26GwBORu5jgHQ[/video]

Config :

Resolution = 1280 x 720
Vsync = Off
Quality textures = Medium
Detail of the world = low
Motion blur = Yes
Depth of field = Off
Bloom = Yes
Rays of light = Yes
Dynamic shadows = Off
Details of the shadows = Low
Show Damage = Activate

FPS :

FPS = 55 - 60 fps constant
Sttutering = No

Experience = Perfect

The Lord Of The Rings : Conquest

[video=youtube;y6aUORZe1x4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6aUORZe1x4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUgw9MIfGqn26GwBORu5jgHQ[/video]

Config :

Resolution = 1280 x 720
Texture = High
Details model = Medium
Details of the shadows = High
Details of the particles = High
Lighting = High
Detail shader = High
Environment details = High
Bloom = Yes
Quality selection = High
Camara from afar = Off
Vsync = Off

FPS :

FPS = 47 - 50 fps constant
Sttutering = No

Experience = Perfect

Batman Arckam Origins

[video=youtube;h2lAhO1TW8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2lAhO1TW8k&feature=c4-overview&list=UUgw9MIfGqn26GwBORu5jgHQ[/video]

Config :

Resolution = 1280 x 720
Vsync = Off
Smoothing the environment = No
Geometry = Normal
Dynamic shadows = Normal
Distortion of motion = Off
Depth of field = No
Distortion = Yes
Flashes = Yes
Rays of light = Yes