What's new

THE SURFACE PRO 2 GAMING THREAD PICTURES and VIDEOS

Philtastic

Yeah, the Intel HD 4400, although much better than their previous renditions of integrated graphics, just doesn't have the processing power to run most 3D games at 1080p. The only modern 3D games that I've been able to run at a consistently 30+ framerate, even on lowest detail settings, are Civilization V and Torchlight 2. Even Skyrim doesn't run well on lowest at 1080p... although I wonder if maybe that's because I'm subscribed to the HD textures and some model improving mods. In any case, 1080p is really hard to run well on the 4400.

ricard2798

Small question. My cvompany got me a surface pro 2 128gb. It seems perfect so far, but I am wondering if there is any gaming performance difference between the 4ram vs the 8ram model. I know they might be useful for zbrush and photoshop (which i use), but I seem to find their current performance acceptable... But would like to know if the integrated grafx card benefits from the extra ram. Any information or comparables will be greatly appreciated :)

Deagon

Does anyone have info on how well World of Warcraft would run on a Surface pro 2 ?
I would really like to get the 128 or 256 model if it can give me Warcraft on the go with good setting and fps.

Tekn0

I only play Altitude (available on Steam) nowadays for PC gaming. I hope it works on Surface Pro 2 without killing the battery! :) It should as I don't think it's very intensive in using the GPU.

JustJon

Does anyone have info on how well World of Warcraft would run on a Surface pro 2 ?
I would really like to get the 128 or 256 model if it can give me Warcraft on the go with good setting and fps.

I use winbdowed mode, often on a 2nd monitor with desktop running on the SP2 itself and run around 30fps. Very playable.

Not lowered any settings so could get better if I reduced some textures etc.

CandyNJ

I posted this in the separate surface Games board but will also post it here.

I'm downloading The Secret World Massive edition from Steam on my new Surface Pro 2 because it was on sale for 50% off for $29.99 and I only had 29 more minutes until the sale ended today. I think I got a good deal for what it includes. Unfortunately, I didn't realize about the 3 day Free Trial key until it was too late.

Anyone have The Secret World on their Surface Pro 2? I know it meets the minimum requirements and read others being able to play it on low on the original SP. I just want to know if it runs smoothly and any if there are any issues with it on the SP2. I have the updated SP2 with the i5 4300 1.9-2.5 GHZ processor btw.

CandyNJ

Works fantastic on medium graphics on Full Screen Mode for me on my 128GB SP2 4300. You won't have any problems. :)

Deagon

That sounds good for warcraft. I just wonder how it will hold up in high pop cities and on 5 - 10 man raids…all i want is not to lag to death lol
also Anyone recommend a good bluetooth controller that is easy to set up? I want something like a 360 controller.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm fairly new to Microsoft products….I've been a Mac owner/user for a long time...

CandyNJ

Is anyone here?! Btw, The Secret World: Massive Edition runs very well on LOW settings but is laggy when it comes to multiple mobs trying to kill you all at once or boss fights. Still an excellent experience.

Does DAYZ alpha from Steam run well on the SP2?? Any lag or problems? I pray someone answers me this time lol