What's new

The Surface Pro is NOT A DRAWING TABLET BY WACOM -- WARNING

OP
PervySage

PervySage

YES!!! STRAIGHT FROM A HORSE'S MOUTH!!! MICROSOFT/ADOBE/WACOM ARE WORKING ON DRIVER'S FOR THIS!!!
link: http://answer.microsoft.com/en~1

PERVY SAGE IS HAPPY!

th_Jiraiya.gif

naruto-sasuke-dance-148035120d.gif

tumblr_lyoof2LAqC1robctgo2_500.gif

Naruto-GaaLee.gif

goliath-frog.jpg

Last edited:

ArnoldC

YES!!! STRAIGHT FROM A HORSE'S MOUTH!!! MICROSOFT/ADOBE/WACOM ARE WORKING ON DRIVER'S FOR THIS!!!<snip>

If you read the latest post, there is no news yet after 1 month. This is an issue about chicken and egg. Microsoft has a new API which is what new applications support NOW, while Adobe want to stick to their own API aka WinTab for reasons of their own, i.e., all their products use it.

A lot of people interchange drivers from API, no driver will fix this unless the API is used. Device drivers are different from Libraries, but they do work together.

ps.

Don't let the enthusiasm die, miracles do happen. ;)

Last edited:

machistmo

Definitly NOT a Wacom.

The MS Surface Pro is GREAT. I repeat, it's GREAT... but I'm not much of a traveller so y'know.

Pen Use
- pen is horrible for the Pervy Sage's needs
- miiight be okay for simple line drawings, or sketches, but for drawing-drawing, definitely a no do

Photoshop on Surface Pro
- the menu's are tiny, it's a pain to click the right icon, but you can live with it
------ would be impossible to use finger to click icons in the menu
- Photoshop runs silky smooth, fast, installs fine, that's a great great thing
- with the keyboard sideways for hotkeys and the screen in portrait mode... is odd, but again, work-around-able
- just the pen is horrible
- with touch, the image moves as if holding the space-bar and dragging with mouse
----- image slides around, but no pen marks if your hand is resting on the screen while using the pen
- Adobe has some sort of touch version of Photoshop, never tried it but at least future-proof wise, seems like it's an alright direction to head as far as digital drawing/painting on a tablet goes

and now you know, hope that helps for anybody considering this info useful for purchasing decisions

Maybe its just me, but I find this post suspect due to the fact that you refer not to yourself, but to your avatar's name in the third person. Everything after that is lost on me.

OP
PervySage

PervySage

If you read the latest post, there is no news yet after 1 month. This is an issue about chicken and egg. Microsoft has a new API which is what new applications support NOW, while Adobe want to stick to their own API aka WinTab for reasons of their own, i.e., all their products use it.

A lot of people interchange drivers from API, no driver will fix this unless the API is used. Device drivers are different from Libraries, but they do work together.

ps.

Don't let the enthusiasm die, miracles do happen. ;)

Thanks for the answer, and enthusiasm is not dying.

Happy they are looking into it. Perhaps just an WinTab layer to go between the Surface API and adobe products.

Really loved the Surface but this was a make or break. Hope it works out in the near future. Better delayed then rushed out in 1 month.

OP
PervySage

PervySage

A great ninja is one that can admit he/she should try different software.

Please excuse this thread title... PervySage might've spoken too soon.

This thread was made based on Photoshop/SurfacePro and there seems to be other options available.

Might decide to buy the loveable Microsoft Surface Pro again (returned it after Photoshop/Surface) with different software and be one with the stylus.

Stay tuned...

riggi

You might also want to try a different pen.
I got the Samsung SPen holder kit - it has an S Pen and a full sized pen to hold it in.

Not only is it more comfortable to hold and write with for long periods, it seems more consistently accurate at different pen angles.

It seems as though the sensor is closer to the tip than it is in the MS pen.
So what I've noticed is that where the MS pen accuracy can vary by a couple of mm if you move the pen from perpendicular to the display to an angle, the Samsung pen doesn't vary as much. It was only $30, so might worth checking out. If you can, ask to try it in the shop first to see if it helps any.

bmgraphics

Corel Products (PhotoPaint X6, Painter) completely stumble on the Surface Pro, the pen is all over the place, with the exception of CorelDraw X6, and even it needs work. I was on the Beta developers team and this was a sore spot, with no light at the end of the tunnel. Photoshop CS6 works OK if you can handle the itsy bitsy tools and menus, and don't care about the pressure sensitivity feature. In Summary, Surface Pro is not a good drawing\painting platform. It too little and doesn't have the horsepower.

TagsxA

[video=youtube;puyMmARTqck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puyMmARTqck[/video]

Funny... The penny arcade review that this video came from is the first review that nearly made me positive that my next tablet would be a surface pro!

I'll be getting my surface pro this Tuesday or Wednesday. Two of the things I can't wait to use it for (that my iPad 3 is all but useless at) is to get back into drawing and finally having a tablet to write on, during meetings at work.