What's new

The time is now

jollywombat

Everything seems to be running smoothly so far with the update, but was not typically having issues prior to the update since I gave up on the microSD card a while back. I will have to try out the new intel drivers to see if they improved the performance any with miracast, last intel driver update seemed to slow it down a touch.

grumpy

As for those complaining about Intel control panel, it is still there. Search for it.

Where? It is not listed in the Control Panel anymore. If I do a search from the charms menu, it shows up but clicking on it does not do anything.

GoodBytes

I was mistaken. After reboot, the Intel control panel doesn't lunch.
I guess it was finishing setup stuff.

I noticed reduce contrast. If you do a gradient it not longer smooth, plugged in or not.

GoodBytes

I do feel like there is a reduction in brightness setting available now. Basically, I see more stepping when adjusting the screen brightness.

I have a test program to check this, but I need a person WITHOUT this firmware upgrade to give it go, so that I can compare with my side.
Anyone has a moment?

Last edited:

magxs

I'm just not getting these updates on my SP2. Does anybody know how to install them manually? If at all possible ...

Thanks

GoodBytes

I do feel like there is a reduction in brightness setting available now. Basically, I see more stepping when adjusting the screen brightness.

I have a test program to check this, but I need a person WITHOUT this firmware upgrade to give it go, so that I can compare with my side.
Anyone has a moment?

Ok I'll take it back. It seams to be working fine now. Strange. Maybe it was fluke.

Zkyevolved

I must say that I am very happy with the update. Last night on the sofa while browsing the web and using the forums and I got 12 hours battery life estimate. Very happy. Thanks Microsoft! I get about 6 to 8 hours of normal use and 4 hours of hearthstone from 100%. The speed is awesome but best of all is the battery life because that's what I need most when I'm traveling! Editing documents, watching videos, syncing files. Now all I need is a good case for my device.

InkyRag

I'm just not getting these updates on my SP2. Does anybody know how to install them manually? If at all possible ...

Thanks

I got the firmware update on my SP2 but not on my wife's SP2. I wonder if it has been pulled?

Edit: I see that it is available for manual download now on the Microsoft website.

Last edited:

byron_hinson

I got the firmware update on my SP2 but not on my wife's SP2. I wonder if it has been pulled?

Edit: I see that it is available for manual download now on the Microsoft website.

Yeah - not quite sure the best way to install that manual update as you have to install all of them in an individual order