What's new

Thinkpad Tablet 2 Keyboard?

kkwst2

Also curious, what's the keyboard's expected battery life, and how long should it take to recharge? Couldn't find those info from the leaflet guide.

And have you had any problems in various apps when using the ThinkPad-style scrolling (which can be toggled in the driver utility)? I'm used to ThinkPad-style scrolling, but it fails to work half the time in Google Chrome on my SP2. It does work much better in Firefox, and IE.

I wish I could get even smoother scrolling though. Contemplating whether to install Logitech SetPoint utility (and its corresponding browser extensions) for extra smooth scrolling. I just don't want to get bogged down with too many mouse/keyboard drivers (Logitech SetPoint, Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center, ThinkPad, etc)... I do mix and match mice/keyboards from all those brands though...

Yeah, the scrolling isn't perfect but it is pretty good in most apps. I've noticed that on some sites you have to move the trackpoint right-left to scroll up-down. Strange. I've never had that happen with any other trackpoint keyboards. Not sure if it is the keyboard or the Surface. You let it install the advanced driver, right?

I've been using it for a couple weeks now and haven't had to charge it yet. I recall reading somewhere that it takes about an hour to charge.

beq

Thanks again for the info. You're right the keyboard seems to last a long time.

And additional keyboards I received haven't had a problem with disconnection or stuttering pointer movement. Perhaps the situation just improved thanks to the SP2 (firmware) updates along the way...

I did read complaints that this keyboard's Bluetooth range is too short to use from a couch in a living room HTPC setup, but the latest units I received seemed to work well thus far...

EDIT: Another thread here.

Last edited: