What's new

This thing is good, let's make it great!

f4f

Greetings all,
Thanks for allowing me to join your forum. I have a Surface Pro 128. I got it for Christmas and I have been using it daily for the last few months. There are a lot of things I like about it—there are a few things I don’t. I’m interested in hearing how other people are using their Surface and also sharing how I use (and would like to use) mine.

Here is a little about me.
I have a Dell XPS 8500 running Windows 8.1 which I like a lot. I use it to edit multimedia, web browsing and pretty much anything.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4. I love the Galaxy, not really a fan of Verizon. I use it to do most of my communicating including sharing pictures.

PS3 for gaming, watching Netflix and occasionally YouTube.

I was interested in the Surface Pro because it has the portability of a tablet and the productivity power of a laptop. I’m assuming that is the reason most of you got yours, too. I was hoping that the Surface would bridge the gap between my Desktop and my mobile phone but it hasn’t yet. It is more of a laptop to me because it doesn’t have the sharing utilities like my phone. If I have any luck, that will change after joining this forum.

Tsurugaya

For me it is three things, it does all of them well but none of them spectacularly well. It is a tablet, very useful when taking handwriting notes in OneNote, but without a table I can only do it for ten to fifteen minutes (yes, I'm feeble, I know it). It is also a laptop with the Type Cover, either in my lap or on a table. Works very well for an hour or so, but then my eyes get strained (told you I was feeble) so I have to stop. I have the Dock so it is also a desktop with GB Ethernet, 22" Iiyama monitor and 9 port USB 3 hub connected. Works like a charm for like three hours but then I just get exhausted (did I mention that I'm feeble).
So all in all, I'm very satisfied, but wish I could get my strength back.

OP
F

f4f

Thanks for the warm welcome!

@ツルガヤさん Sounds like the Surface is your one stop answer, LOL. This thing is a beast in a small package-- no doubt about that. I know OneNote has been around for a while but I just started using it once I got the Surface and it is an amazing tool. I'm not as impressed when I use it on my desktop (could be because it's OneNote 2010) but I am warming up to it more and more. It also has an Android app that is a great companion on my Galaxy.
I get what you're saying about the screen. It is bright and with fine font but I think I prefer it over the alternative. Besides it reminds me to take a break every once and while and I don't see anything wrong with that. ^.^

@STGirl Thanks for the inquiry! Rest assured I'll be starting a new thread (or several) exploring this topic. Pretty much I want to be able to share things (URLs, photos, files, etc. ) the way I can on my Galaxy. I get that they are different but I still feel that this is an area the Surface can improve.

Thanks again to all for reading and I'll see you on the inside.

Tsurugaya

Thanks for the warm welcome!

@ツルガヤさん Sounds like the Surface is your one stop answer, LOL.

Thanks again to all for reading and I'll see you on the inside.

You're welcome. Now , what have you done that requires you to go inside? Bring your Surface along and the time will go faster.