those of you who had the SP3 for over 6 months

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by kundas1, Jan 4, 2015.

1. kundas1

kundas1 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    now that the screen size has grown on you and you have gotten used to it, do you find the screen small now? like just the other day I was sitting in front of my computer and looked over at my SP3 and felt like my screen has shrunk! LOL anyone else think/feel like this?

2. sharpuser

sharpuser Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    I was in front of my 15 inch MacBook Pro Retina today, and felt like it was too big. And tomorrow I go into my office to sit amongst an array of 17 inch screens mapping the Earth.

When I get home every day, or stop for coffee on the way, my Surface Pro 3 feels right, reliable, and responsive enough for my reading, and my work.

3. nipponham

nipponham Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I wouldn't say it feels like it's shrunk, but I still prefer working on my 24-inch desktop monitor when I need to multitask by having several windows open. But if I'm concentrating on one or two programs at a time, I've never felt SP3's screen size to be small. It's really an optimal size to consume content, whether you're reading articles in a cafe, or watching a video before you go to bed. Not too big, not too small.

mahdi75 likes this.
  4. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I prefer to work on the SP3. However, when I am working with multiple documents, I do miss a larger screen and/ or multiple screens. This becomes a problem especially when I am traveling, which is why I use my iPad Air as a secondary screen though it is not an optimal solution. But effectively, when working on single documents or when on the internet, the SP3 is perfect for me.

5. malberttoo

malberttoo Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I think the screen size is perfect for the device. When I'm in the office, I'm in front of 2, 27" monitors. But I guess I'm just used to both my workstation and my SP3 now. I hope Microsoft keeps the screen size and the 3:2 ratio for a good long while.

mahdi75 likes this.
  6. malberttoo

malberttoo Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I agree with this partly as well. There are just some things that, if I'm not in an urgent hurry, I do save for when I'm on my workstation and have the extra screen real estate.

7. markusbeutel

markusbeutel Member

Wouldn't say it feels too small - after using other displays, including an old 10.6 inch RT and my 27 inch in my office, if anything, the SP3 display felt a bit too vertical, if that makes sense. It already has the 3:2, and it kinda feels like it needs to be a bit wider to have the best of both worlds. Wouldn't be surprised if the rumors of a 14' and 8' SP4 comes to fruition, especially if the form factor for a larger Surface stays the same, or similar, meaning the already slim bezels would be almost nonexistent.